Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Chinese Fairings vs OEM - Cheap fairings Info and Tips

7K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  d207gp 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share my video on my experience with chinese fairings over the years for those riders who want to know if they should get chinese fairings or not and what the differences there are compared to oem fairings. I also have a list of tips on how to buy chinese fairings and what to look out for. I hope this helps.

#5 ·
Very good video...chinese fairings are as u say cheap and a great way to save your precious oems but they are so F@#! shit - they crack easily, chip easily, the additional pieces to my 2010 mid fairings were poorly finished and not useable, the finer details and finishing around the edges are poor, the crappy sticker u get instead of a badge (why bother), some colours will fade more quickly than others - I bought the pearl orange/silver colour scheme but the pearl was left sitting on the bottom of the ocean and the silver had no Hi-Ho. Plain colours work well but comparing the OEM paint job for this colour scheme was like looking at peanut butter as opposed to looking at a shit after you've eaten peanut butter. The next colour i will get will be black as it may be less inclines to fade in the Aussie sun. Also the stickers have been clear coated over so it u want to respray them they are a bitch to sand back. You have to be careful when screwing the air intake tubes and other stuff as the mounting points crack easily. Make sure u position the rubber cushion mounts of the tank cover correctly or you'll end up with cracks where your knees dig in. Don't over tighten any nuts/bolts as you'll end up with a crack especially where the mirrors mount. Careful with the mounting taabs of the tank that secure it under the seat - they will break easily if u drop it or over tighten the bolts. When installing the tail cover any edges that may catch or rub against any mating surface to prevent chips or scrapes. Make sure u use the heatshield straight away as the paint bubbles quickly. Careful as to what u apply to paintwork as it isn't as durable as the oem. I had to drill two small holes to allow the forward bottom mating surfaces of the mid fairings to be bolted to the lower fairing with two small flat head screws/nuts - i know some guys use a cable tie but i think it looks unprofessional.

But after saying all that I would buy another set tomorrow and probably will because they are cheap and look good and everyone will comment "awesome bike man, like the paint work" and I will be thinking "its only cheap chinese aftermarket shit"

#6 ·
dont do it dont be cheap at the end you will have to fork over money to replace the ones that flew off at 130plus mph..spend the money get good things..or pay double later..now take that chiness fairing go over 130 mph a few times let me know when it falls off..hits you in the face

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.