04-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Join Date: Apr 2015
Originally Posted by SNIK
How about it.
I was doing some spontaneous work on my bike and realized i dont have torque specs for sh1t.
So here are torque specs quick reference sticky, so i can like hit it from my phone next time . I figure these are the frequent ones. I know im not the only one thats been in this situation before.
Pinch bolts - 16 ft.lb
front axle - 58 ft.lb
front caliper bolts - 33 ft.lb
front rotor bolts - 14 ft.lb
Steering stem nut - 76 ft.lb
The front wheel spacer with the rim goes on the brake side
upper and lower triple clamp bolts - 17 ft.lb
OE clipon bolt - 20ft.lb
rear axle - 83 ft.lb
rear rotor bolts - 31 ft.lb
rear sprocket bolts - 47 ft.lb
Front sprocket - 40 ft.lb
Rear shock + link bolts - 33 ft.lb
The rear wheel spacer with the rim goes on the sprocket side
Throttle adjust lock nut. - 4 ft.lb
Passenger foot peg - 20 ft.lb
OE rearsets - 27 ft.lb
Oil drain bolt - 22 ft.lb
Oil filter -20 ft.lb
clutch lever mount clamp bolt - 9 ft.lb
clutch banjo - 25 ft.lb
Frame slider/engine bolts, (fr + mid hanger bolt) - 47 ft.lb
HESD FUNCTION TEST PROCEDURE
• Support th e motorcycle securely using a hoist or equivalent and raise the front wheel off the ground.
• Before function the test, check th e fee l for minimum damping characteristics by moving the steering
right and left quickly several times. Operate th e steering quickly and at a uniform force during th e
Perform t he HESD function test as follow s:
1. Lower the side stand (side stand switch OFF).
2. Shift th e transmission int o any gear other th an neutral.
3. Open the throttle grip fully.
4. Turn the ignition switch ON with keeping th e state of 1 - 3.
The HESD indicator starts bl ink in g and the HESD system enters th e Fun ct ion Test Mode for 10 seconds.
Make sure that the damping characteristics (force) changes, by means of comparing the minimum
damping characteristics before Function Test with the maximum damping characteristics under the
Is this also true to a 2005 1000rr model ?