2004 cbr1000rr motor build - Page 8 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #71

Nice. Thanks for the reply.

I am looking at doing a similar build and I'm in the process of figuring what parts I want to go with.

What made you pull the trigger on the valves?

I plan on trying to maintain current low and mid end and focus on high end as I plan yo did more high speed racing and street stuff so the power below 7k is fun but not really needed.

What have you played with suspension wise to help it get down vs. The big hp cars?

Hoping to have mine done by 2k13 so maybe we can do some damage vs the "slow" 1000-1300hp cars lol.
Slwbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwbrd View Post
Nice. Thanks for the reply.

I am looking at doing a similar build and I'm in the process of figuring what parts I want to go with.

What made you pull the trigger on the valves?

I plan on trying to maintain current low and mid end and focus on high end as I plan yo did more high speed racing and street stuff so the power below 7k is fun but not really needed.

What have you played with suspension wise to help it get down vs. The big hp cars?

Hoping to have mine done by 2k13 so maybe we can do some damage vs the "slow" 1000-1300hp cars lol.
Ill need a shot of nitrous if i want to hang with 1300whp haha but well see about that after my motor is in top shape. I didnt want any weak points in my build so i was going to change the valves anyways. You dont need to do oversized exhaust valves, really no benefit so i just did oversized intake valves from ferrera and stock honda exhaust valves. The price was just about the same as well so that was another easy deciding factor.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #73

suspension wise, im stock. Sometimes i cant full throttle it just to keep the wheel down. just takes seat time to know where to keep the throttle but go as fast as possible without lifting the front wheel up and it also depends what sprocket setup im running.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj321 View Post
Ill need a shot of nitrous if i want to hang with 1300whp haha but well see about that after my motor is in top shape. I didnt want any weak points in my build so i was going to change the valves anyways. You dont need to do oversized exhaust valves, really no benefit so i just did oversized intake valves from ferrera and stock honda exhaust valves. The price was just about the same as well so that was another easy deciding factor.
I hear you, the UGR and Alpha cars are so strong its unreal.

Ruffly what was the price on the valves?

Quote:
suspension wise, im stock. Sometimes i cant full throttle it just to keep the wheel down. just takes seat time to know where to keep the throttle but go as fast as possible without lifting the front wheel up and it also depends what sprocket setup im running.
Why have you not at least done some lowering? Just curious as I said I am trying to make similar power and do the same kind of racing.

My plans are right now to do an adjustable link in the rear and I am unsure in the front. Still doing some research on cutting the forks slightly vs just sucking them up in the triples.

I am considering adding a small stretch the stock swingarm. In the 2-3 inch range. I want to help keep the bike down while balancing traction from a roll and ruining riding characteristics.

I think if I can make 180-190hp, trim some fat from the bike, and be able to go full tilt from a roll, then I should be able to go down and do some damage.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #75

Quote:
I hear you, the UGR and Alpha cars are so strong its unreal.

Ruffly what was the price on the valves?

Why have you not at least done some lowering? Just curious as I said I am trying to make similar power and do the same kind of racing.

My plans are right now to do an adjustable link in the rear and I am unsure in the front. Still doing some research on cutting the forks slightly vs just sucking them up in the triples.

I am considering adding a small stretch the stock swingarm. In the 2-3 inch range. I want to help keep the bike down while balancing traction from a roll and ruining riding characteristics.

I think if I can make 180-190hp, trim some fat from the bike, and be able to go full tilt from a roll, then I should be able to go down and do some damage.
This is my road racing bike. I just bring it out on the street to play around because its fun so lowering or stretching wouldnt be a good idea. I honestly cant remember at all how much the valves cost. Id have to say somewhere between $280-$400. And if you get the stretch links so you can use stock swing arm the stretch options is usually 3-7 inches. Depending on which brand you go with but thats usually lowest to highest.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #76

Ok I got you. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions.

You ended up using an 04-05 head correct? Have you seen anywhere if after porting if the 06/07 heads still have any advantages?

I am really trying to do some cam research right now. Hard to find much data.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #77

Quote:
Ok I got you. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions.

You ended up using an 04-05 head correct? Have you seen anywhere if after porting if the 06/07 heads still have any advantages?

I am really trying to do some cam research right now. Hard to find much data.
Yes im using my 04/05 head. I couldnt tell you if you would have advantages of using the 06 head after porting rather then using a ported 05 head. I never really researched it
Old 12-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #78

So my bike did have a blown head gasket. Some beat up valves as well but getting those replaced and she will be all put together and making 200whp again this week :]
Old 12-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #79

Quote:
So my bike did have a blown head gasket. Some beat up valves as well but getting those replaced and she will be all put together and making 200whp again this week :]
what caused that i'm hoping by the end of next yr doing the almost the same built mines a 12 but i would like to push around 195 without stretching it also
Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book View Post
what caused that i'm hoping by the end of next yr doing the almost the same built mines a 12 but i would like to push around 195 without stretching it also
Just a bad head gasket. My head and block surfaces were flat. I also had valve and valve spring issue. Beat up valves because my valve springs lost pressure because kibble white product failed on me. it couldn't handle the lift on my cam so i need to find better valve springs.
Advertisement