Fender elim help? : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #1

Question Fender elim help?

Hello all,

Let me first say I have searched the forum all ready. I got pulled over yesterday for obstructed license plate and received a warning. I know it's every officers discretion about what they think is legal or not. I was advised by this officer if I move it up just a little I would not have anymore problems. I had modified the Bikelitez SS kit by bending the license mount facing the rear already. Just a side note, I don't want to buy another FE kit. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks all

I was thinking about something like this. Does anyone know who this is or have a idea of what he might have used?

This is what I did prior to getting pulled over:
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/attachm...1&d=1354757864
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plate-1.jpg (40.5 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by TechT; 12-05-2012 at 07:38 PM.
TechT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
In the Breeze

personal opinion, that shouldn't have raised a fuss -- your angle isn't bad at all.

that one might just be a home solution, doesn't look familiar. looks like it might be attached to his pegs somehow.

btw -- obscuring your plate doesn't help much when the reflection is perfectly visible in the paint
Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #3

you can easily make a braket to mount the tag. my concern would be that you will still get pulled because of the angle to clear the tire during suspension compression. (don't forget the light, they'll pull you for that next)

I had mine mounted to the battery box on my 06 and got pulled twice. Made the bracket out of sheet metal.

I tried pulling it half way back but it looked like the tire would hit the plate if the suspension was fully compressed. Ended up moving it all the way back, making another bracket out of sheet metal that attached to the heat shield on top of the muffler. This was on an 06. Got pulled later for no light on the tag. Had to plumb that back too.

you can see the old chrome nuts where the tag was mounted on the battery box in the second picture.

you guys have such clean under tails!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tag.jpg (1.25 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg tag_1.jpg (781.7 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by hyco_honda; 12-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.
hyco_honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #4

As the video says, it's a TST Industries FE in that vid.
I don't think yours was obstructed, it was just his opinion or maybe he was just bored and pulled you over for that.
Not sure how long that warning will stay on your record for, but you can keep it and if they pull you over, just say that you did bring it up as it was placed lower than that, they wouldn't know.
SamRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #5

Thanks guys for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regener8ed View Post
btw -- obscuring your plate doesn't help much when the reflection is perfectly visible in the paint
regener8ed, i didn't realize it...lol..Thx for the heads up for next time.

Quote:
you can easily make a braket to mount the tag. my concern would be that you will still get pulled because of the angle to clear the tire during suspension compression. (don't forget the light, they'll pull you for that next)
hyco_honda, I was thinking about that also. That's what the cop said "he couldn't read the bottom of the plate from 15ft away." I had my wife in the car about 15ft behind me and she said she could see it clearly. I have also had many other sheriffs, constables, local officers behind me and did not get pulled over. i have a strip of 8 or 9 led strip from autozone on there. It is way bright. I will take another pic and post it when I get home. I made another light bracket to put on top of the Bikelitze mount. Your 06 looked pretty nice...

Quote:
I don't think yours was obstructed, it was just his opinion or maybe he was just bored and pulled you over for that.
Not sure how long that warning will stay on your record for, but you can keep it and if they pull you over, just say that you did bring it up as it was placed lower than that, they wouldn't know.
Thanks SamRR, I thought he was talking about the integrated tail light. I will keep the warning with me. That's a good idea.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
In the Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechT View Post
I thought he was talking about the integrated tail light.
it IS the taillight that is by TST. if you read the vid description on yt, he mentions that the FE is by Hotbodies. (also that it looks good but is "a poorly made piece of junk" -- a common observation from Hotbodies buyers in my experience.)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #7

this is what I did, even tho i dont ride street, but just in case

CBR 600RR 07 HRC
Aprilia RSV4 R 13
NESBA "I" 707
" You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life.".... this was said by Simoncelli, I agree 100%
erick1670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick1670 View Post

Very nice erick1670, I'm looking at moving to the back of the bike as another option.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick1670 View Post
Where'd you buy the material for the plate backing?
Light mount and mount to moto?
How'd you machine it ? Cut the metal into a square.. round the edges/holes?

unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by regener8ed View Post
it IS the taillight that is by TST. if you read the vid description on yt, he mentions that the FE is by Hotbodies. (also that it looks good but is "a poorly made piece of junk" -- a common observation from Hotbodies buyers in my experience.)
That's what I thought, now I get it. I looked at some Hotbodies undertail vids. So the bracket come with the undertail...Still gives me an idea though.

hyco_honda here is led tag light strip:
http://www.1000rr.net/forums/attachm...1&d=1354767028
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plate2.jpg (254.7 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement