Clutching Them Up..... - Page 4 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranem View Post
Couple of mistakes ive made are:
Too much clutch
Not enough throttle
Sit back far
Remember to keep your body straight with the bike
Dont yank on the bars

Also shorty levers helped me alot and its also safer cuz u can keep your hands on the handlebars more secure
i felt the same way with going from oem levers to shorties
chilled563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #32

i have never done or learned how to do a wheelie on purpose in my 10 years of sportbike riding. just dont see the use of it lol
RC-DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #33
Marine 24/7

I watched the video before I read it post I was laughing telling my buddies you should give up on them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
-Oil Cap
-Triple Tree Stem
-Timing Cover
Renthal Soft Grips
Puig Smoked Screen
Vortex Block Offs
DDM hids
Custom Stitched Corbin Seat
Shogun Sliders
Hotbodies F/E
Smoked Tail Light
Galfer S Braided Lines F/B
Galfer Pads
Flapper Mod
PCV w/Custom Dyno
Bazzaz Z-Bomb
Arrow GP2 Slip on
ASV Shortys
Honda CF Gas Cover
CRG 2" Bar Mirror
Felony RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #34
Marine 24/7

Give me a few days ill post a video of my hand workin with the clutch then ill have my buddy follow me from the side, I personally don't look at the RPMS but I am in 4th gear so ill get a short clip of it and you will see if you like a certain gear let me know ill do a video of that gear it self as well

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
-Oil Cap
-Triple Tree Stem
-Timing Cover
Renthal Soft Grips
Puig Smoked Screen
Vortex Block Offs
DDM hids
Custom Stitched Corbin Seat
Shogun Sliders
Hotbodies F/E
Smoked Tail Light
Galfer S Braided Lines F/B
Galfer Pads
Flapper Mod
PCV w/Custom Dyno
Bazzaz Z-Bomb
Arrow GP2 Slip on
ASV Shortys
Honda CF Gas Cover
CRG 2" Bar Mirror
Felony RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #35
Lifetime Premium

The best way I can explain it is to learn in 2nd. Get your bike up to 6000-8000rpm's and just slip the clutch with two fingers (DON'T PULL IT ALL THE WAY IN) just slip it and let the lever go when it slips holding the gas where it was when you slipped it. Doing a stand up you might want to keep your elbows bent and snatch up on the bars at the same time you let go of the clutch lever. The front end will come up 2,3,4ft but not all the way. When it does twist on your throttle immediately and the front end will start to rise. Just keep doing that until you don't get scared and let off the gas. One day you will let off the gas and the bike won't go back down right away, it will just coast, that is your balance point. That is where you want to be. The bike will feel like it's not there in a way. Always keep your right foot over the back brake. Please wear a helmet jacket and gloves with long pants and shoes. When you stunt you will go down and don't be like me when a local magazine wants to take pics and say "come on guys let's don't wear our gear the pics will look better". Everyone wore their gear but me and I went down doing a simple sit down about sixty. The front end washed out to the right and I went to the left. The right side of my face was the first thing that hit the parking lot. They put that pic in the mag to with a sub that said "This is why we wear our helmets!"

Last edited by SNEAKERHEAD; 11-12-2012 at 05:12 PM.
SNEAKERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKERHEAD View Post
The best way I can explain it is to learn in 2nd. Get your bike up to 6000-8000rpm's and just slip the clutch with two fingers (DON'T PULL IT ALL THE WAY IN) just slip it and let the lever go when it slips holding the gas where it was when you slipped it. Doing a stand up you might want to keep your elbows bent and snatch up on the bars at the same time you let go of the clutch lever. The front end will come up 2,3,4ft but not all the way. When it does twist on your throttle immediately and the front end will start to rise. Just keep doing that until you don't get scared and let off the gas. One day you will let off the gas and the bike won't go back down right away, it will just coast, that is your balance point. That is where you want to be. The bike will feel like it's not there in a way. Always keep your right foot over the back brake. Please wear a helmet jacket and gloves with long pants and shoes. When you stunt you will go down and don't be like me when a local magazine wants to take pics and say "come on guys let's don't wear our gear the pics will look better". Everyone wore their gear but me and I went down doing a simple sit down about sixty. The front end washed out to the right and I went to the left. The right side of my face was the first thing that hit the parking lot. They put that pic in the mag to with a sub that said "This is why we wear our helmets!"
+1 That was well put together, And sorry about your face.

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #37

The ZING-ZING method, ala' Gary Rothwell

A variant on hitting the gas hard and slipping the clutch with 2 fingers is to pull the clutch all the way in, and zing the throttle hard twice in succession, as fast as you can (not all the way up to redline but definitely up around 9-10k) letting the clutch go right in between the two zings. My old CBR900 and 929, and my CBR1000 all come up like magic in 1st gear at about 20mph this way. 20mph is fast enough to realize gyroscopic stability, but not so fast that I'm s__ting a brick about going down at high speed. This technique keeps the back tire from spinning out/losing traction. The opposite of gunning it with the throttle in and dumping the clutch, which almost invariably breaks the rear loose if you're in 1st.

With ZING-ZING you have the momentum of the engine all spun up, but the tiny space in between the two zings keeps the rear from braking loose... everytime. If you take too long in between the two throttle hits, it doesn't work. The second throttle hit really makes a big difference because you are increasing the gas at the moment you're loading the engine with the task of lifting the front end.

I was paying close attention Gary Rothwell's technique during one of his old "Showtime" exhibitions at the Poconos, and ZING-ZING is how he would bring his bike up routinely from 40mph, perfectly to balance point. Of course his bike was geared and he didn't have to zing all that hard.
Yoshi R-77 full, SS shawty/Pirelli Angels/Hotbodies tail kit/Throttlemeister/Brembo RCS19/GB Racing engine covers/Honda eCushion seat/Carbone Lorraine brakes/Spiegler orange lines/Cox radiator guard/Radiator spaced for fan clearance/Engine Ice coolant/Dynojet PC-V/Dynojet IRC/K&N AF/Flapper mod
FIAMM Freeway blaster horns/Repsol 4T Racing 3L oil/SportRider suggested suspension settings (preload left stock)
Hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement