Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Easiest speed to clutch up in 2nd?

12K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  xlaox 
#1 ·
I have an '08 1000RR and recently started clutching in 2nd, what's the easiest to speed to hold it up at for those who stunt the new bodys?

#6 ·
Any speed should work in 2nd gear, but depending on where the rpm's are sitting will determine how much throttle you will need before you pop the clutch. for example if you are in the powerband of your rpm's you wont need as much throttle than if you were riding at 2000 rpm.

#8 ·
2nd is pointless to clutch up big dog, go with 3rd and 6500 rpm and clutch away or try 4th (standing up in 4th) and clutch at 7500-8k rpms

Sent from your moms pager!

#13 ·
In 2nd I have my RPMs between 6 and 8k, I don't know my speed it's not relevant, then I SLIP the clutch and just hold the throttle in the same position. Once you feel the throttle slip let it go and your front end will jump up a foot or two, when it does just twist the throttle and it come on up. Keep doing this until you get the bike to it's balance point (it will feel like it's not there or it's weightless) keep it there with small adjustments of the throttle and PLEASE keep your back break covered so you can apply it if you bring the front too high. Don't slam on the brake though you will go over the windscreen just bump it. Good luck bro, don't give up you will get it to the balance point and remember what you did and try to replicate it. I hope this helps. Post us a vid once you get it.

#15 ·
I really like doing them staggered and pulling it up in 3rd! It comes up a lot slower, but the rpms are lower, so my bike isn't screaming.. For some reason I feel bad for her when she's yelling at 8-11,000rpm and I'm holding it there..

Not quite BP but close.. I'm barely chasing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.