Riding wheelies out - Page 6 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sloppy View Post
Not to butt in, his sig states an '07 bike.

Harry
Hahah good eye
Jmnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313hitman View Post
bike starves for oil when its on one wheel. have fun destroying ur bike if its stock
This only applies to older model motorcycles. I had a compleyely stock 08 600RR before my Fireblade, wheelied the hell out of it for two years and never had an issue with it starving for oil. Nismo, wheelie on! When me and meet up, I can show you how to do standups. Still a working progress for me but I've gotten consistent with it.
- PCV

2007 E90 328i
- Sports drop
- Xenon/Halo kit
- 7k kelvin halo bulbs
Green Knight Fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #53

I know that wheelies are fun and all, but just the other day I was in line at the cable company waiting to pay my bill. While there I noticed this older lady crying in line and noticed she was staring at me cause I had my helmet and gear in hand! I asked if she was ok, and she replied that not really, I asked her why she was crying and she said that she was there to show the cable co the death certificate of her son! Yeah, she had to provide the cable co a copy cause her son had died and they didn't want to close the acct until they saw a copy! To make a long story short I asked her what happened and she said that this what they told her, his friends! That he was doing a wheelie lost control and went under a car doing over 60mph!! Yeah really fucked up to a fellow bike rider!! Lost control in the street and died instantly!! My point of view I try not too much to show off cause u never know how you'll land especially in the street!! Careful where and when that's just my advice!!
I know that this is probably not something that we want to hear, but I say just watch where we do these crazy stunts, RIGHT?!
Just wanted to share this story!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jess1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #54

Always chilling to hear stories like that.. But I dont "show off" anymore either, I've wrecked twice and only twice, they were both because i was trying to look BA.

Don't get me wrong ill still pop a wheelie and do some burn outs, but only if the situation calls for it

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #55
Marine 24/7

I don't really do as many wheelies as I use to but about 3rd gear is 6000rpm clutch ofc. And 4th is about 7700 and 5th is at like 8900-930Rpms I haven't attempted the 6th gear wheelie not enough space anywhere not even enough for comfort on California freeways but if you do the clutch wheelie at about those RPMs you should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
-Oil Cap
-Triple Tree Stem
-Timing Cover
Renthal Soft Grips
Puig Smoked Screen
Vortex Block Offs
DDM hids
Custom Stitched Corbin Seat
Shogun Sliders
Hotbodies F/E
Smoked Tail Light
Galfer S Braided Lines F/B
Galfer Pads
Flapper Mod
PCV w/Custom Dyno
Bazzaz Z-Bomb
Arrow GP2 Slip on
ASV Shortys
Honda CF Gas Cover
CRG 2" Bar Mirror
Felony RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #56

Not trying to sound heartless but acquiring your endorsement, you should have already knew that you were getting involved in a very dangerous passion. Wheelies are fun and dangerous; however, you have to use street smarts/common sense and ALWAYS exercise situational awareness. You can't just pull up a wheelie in traffic or when there are other vehicles are within 100 yards of you.

I have no intentions of taking anything away from that motorcyclist's family. But as I said, we all know what we are getting into when buy our first motorcycle. Comes with the territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1977 View Post
I know that wheelies are fun and all, but just the other day I was in line at the cable company waiting to pay my bill. While there I noticed this older lady crying in line and noticed she was staring at me cause I had my helmet and gear in hand! I asked if she was ok, and she replied that not really, I asked her why she was crying and she said that she was there to show the cable co the death certificate of her son! Yeah, she had to provide the cable co a copy cause her son had died and they didn't want to close the acct until they saw a copy! To make a long story short I asked her what happened and she said that this what they told her, his friends! That he was doing a wheelie lost control and went under a car doing over 60mph!! Yeah really fucked up to a fellow bike rider!! Lost control in the street and died instantly!! My point of view I try not too much to show off cause u never know how you'll land especially in the street!! Careful where and when that's just my advice!!
I know that this is probably not something that we want to hear, but I say just watch where we do these crazy stunts, RIGHT?!
Just wanted to share this story!

- PCV

2007 E90 328i
- Sports drop
- Xenon/Halo kit
- 7k kelvin halo bulbs
Green Knight Fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Knight Fireblade View Post
This only applies to older model motorcycles. I had a compleyely stock 08 600RR before my Fireblade, wheelied the hell out of it for two years and never had an issue with it starving for oil. Nismo, wheelie on! When me and meet up, I can show you how to do standups. Still a working progress for me but I've gotten consistent with it.
Wow that's a sad story!

Thanks man! I could always use some pointers!
Jmnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #58

practice makes perfect...find that balance point and you'll be in the air all day...just cover that rear brake ofcourse
Poppa Willy Repsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #59

But u will fuck it up totally if U EAT IT😳😳😳😳!!!!

Jess1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement