Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Power wheelie fail..why?

7K views 51 replies 36 participants last post by  313hitman 
#1 ·
Ok so I just started doing my first power wheelies, because slipping the clutch in 2nd I am not comfortable with, I just want to get the feeling of the front end getting light..question is; I am around 165 with gear and I found that it takes my bike a good stretch of road and the thing is screaming in 1st before it comes up slightly...I thought it would come up easier..? and also does the cooler temps play and role? thanks.

#45 ·
Oh yeah guess who looped his CR 250 in 3rd gear 2 weeks ago? Yep. You think I would have crashed on the super moto coarse but no it was at the end of a hare scramble in a grassy area where we do wheelies. There is a slight depression and even though I was covering the rear brake, the combination of a rear brake that is very weak (I have to stomp on it) the dip (probably the big culprit) and 2 stroke almost no engine braking led me to a spectacular slide. No bike damage and I got off easy with a sore knee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.