Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Speed limit

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  kiai 
#1 ·
Hello,

it seems that my 07 CBR hit it's limits at 180Mph (288Km/h) but I've seen some videos where it can actually go past that say to 186ish (300KM/h)or so.

is there a way to undo this limit ?

Regards,

#2 ·
What has been done to your bike thus far? Is it possible that your gearing from OE sprocket specs have been decreased? (smaller counter-shaft/larger driven sprockets). If this were the case your top speed would be lower yet your acceleration would be improved.

Not much you can do to raise the top speed with a stock ECU as the redline RPMs are what limit the top speed. You could install taller gearing such as a smaller rear sprocket and larger counter-shaft sprockets for higher top speed: (higher top speed at same RPM) though your bike will accelerate like turd... a slow one at that if a stock motor.

Only option aside from that is installing a HRC ECU where the redline is higher than that of stock; though stiffer valve springs need to be installed for higher RPMs.

...just realized I never PM'd you back!

#3 ·
The bike only have BMC air filters, Full jardine system and a PC.

I've -1 front sprocket however my speedo is not calibrated yet. it just hits 180 at like 12k rpm and starts jerking due to the limiter it still have a bit more to go but it just won't.

others that ride with me can get up to 300Km/h (186Mph) just fine but they might have a euro spec bikes (it's mixed here some euro and some US bikes)

I don't care that much for the top speed as I rarely get there as most of my riding is on the street but I had the chance to stay there alot last weekend on a road trip and felt a bit short on the top end compared to the other 1krr's that was around.

the good news is with that gearing I held my place with a 2010 busa on the road up to 180 then he just flew away on straight lines but I soon got him in the bends ;)

#8 ·
ok I've found my issue. long story short adding abit more fuel at the top end got it to to all the way to 299Km/H and it still had almost 1000rpm to redline and was still pulling a friend on busa saw 302Km/h on his speedo give or take how accurate these actually are.

I was running resus map which seemed to run better than the map offered on pc for my setup but it had a dip at around 3k rpm and again at around 6k rpm which was very noticable during deceleration and since I can't find a dyno in here I've decide to run resus map as a base and run a series of tuning manually to soften these, I've added way more fuel to the lower end which seemed to help and a bit to the middle range and only around 2% increase at the top end for a smooth transition which seems to have done the trick.

seems that resus's map was too lean for the bike's taste after all. I really need to have it dyno tuned I know it can get smoother and even stronger and it pulls very well and I'm even giving my busa friend a very hard run for the money each and everytime but to my luck no place is available around here :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.