Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Shape-Shifting, Self-Healing E-Bikes

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  noahb 
#1 ·
Just thought it's interesting and wanted to share :)

Fifty years from now, the MotoGP grid will be all-electric. Today’s most advanced electric motors are already better than current MotoGP engines in terms of torque delivery, physical size, engine-braking control and reduced gyroscopic/handling impact. In 50 years, it will not even be close.

Where batteries are concerned, charge time will become equal to fill time for gas bikes. Battery energy density may increase two times or even four times in 50 years, but the real breakthrough will be in charging. Carbonized nano-graphite networks, which emulate the structure of bone marrow, will dramatically increase battery surface area and reduce full-charging intervals to minutes, or possibly even seconds.

Bikes will roll on self-healing tires. High frequency, ultrasonic tire warmers will trigger engineered molecules in the rubber to flow from areas of high density to areas of low density. The result will be a tire that can heal itself from cold tears, harsh abuse and uneven wearing to look like new for the next track session.

Aerodynamics will play a more important role as energy consumption will be continually reduced. Fairings that change shape to offer maximum benefit in a variety of conditions will be necessary to maintain performance while reducing consumption.

Finally, Kenny Roberts will still be faster than you on an XR100 around a backyard dirt track!

If you wanna read more I copied the link below:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/m...entury_of_motorcycling_the_future_starts_now/ :thumbsup:

See less See more
#4 ·
You have great ideas, but your logic is slightly flawed if you think we will be allowed to drive fast....
in 50 years All vehicles will be electric powered, but they will be low powered.
in the interest of "fuel economy" and "safety" all vehicles will be very slow and will be connected to the government to "monitor you for safety reasons" computers will regulate your acceleration rates and spacing between vehicles.
they will e-mail you a receipt for the huge fine they electronically removed from your savings account if you speed or unplug your speed sensor.
Because your on board computer will "rat you out"

Harry

#9 ·
on-board power generation system rather than batteries . a small nuclear reactor .... problem solved!
How about small neclear reactor inside the battery, the "infenion" brand battery will NEVER run low or need a recharge.....

this was posted many years ago on a R/C boat racing sight.......
( Yes, I hold a real world record for R/C boat racing: IMPBA T=Tunnel )

Harry

#11 ·
Being an engineer I love the idea of making something that has never been done and improving on items we have now but I'm 37 and when I was a kid everyone was sure that by the year 2000 we would have flying cars. I love the thought of having a choice between gas or electric I don't think that the fully electric anything will be produced in a version that we can get on or in and go and only stop the same amount of time to recharge as it takes us now to get fuel with there being so much money in oil. Money is what makes the rules. It would be awesome though.

#22 ·
I am so not on board with electric race vehicles. Let the commuter stuff be electric. But keep the visceral experience of an internal combustion engine in racing. That being said, what ever gets a racer around the track the quickest within the rules of the race will be what is run. I kinda hope that the technology will get to the point where we can race stuff like in the PS3 game of wipeout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.