Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Dyno PCV tune cost?

6K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  fuzzbutt 
#1 ·
What is a reasonable / expected price for having a PCV tuned on the dyno? I've called around this AM and the one shop that actually picked up the phone quoted me $300. Seems kinda steep for a little bit of work to cost as much as the PCV itself... so I figured I'd ask the experts. :th_salute:

2008 1000rr
Yosh R-77 Slip-on
OEM Air Filter
No Flapper Mod
No PAIR Mod

Currently running the map from the PowerCommander site for my setup, but was hoping to get a custom map if it was reasonable $. The bike is still all over the place at idle, but I've noticed a marked improvement in the sputtering when around neutral throttle when riding around.

I checked the maps threads stickied, but couldn't find one that matched my setup.

#2 ·
That's exactly what i got quoted on....apparently they do three runs to rev limiter....i've also research and found that a "great" tune is done at 500rpm increments...either way im having mine tuned in a week or so after i install my full exhaust...i wouldnt mind paying $500 if they tuned it at every 500rpm increments...just saying :shrug:

#3 ·
wow. it's expensive where you guys live. $300 for installing a PCV and a custom tune, and not 3 pulls, more like 6-10, including test rides as needed.

It also depends on the dyno machine, the newer the more the owner needs to pay off the machine..

I will say, a custom tune transforms the bike.

#4 ·
I live in Los Angeles...go figure :th_down:

#5 ·
Local Harley dealer in my area said 400$ for a PC(which of course ill buy from superbikesupply for way cheaper) and 250$ for dyno tune. However I didn't ask what all that includes but he also told me I would be the first sport bike. So I may pass all together

#11 ·
You're absolutely right I'm planning on doing that on a temporary basis, but in the long haul a customized map specific for your mods and bike is the best way to go about it.

#16 ·
How many pulls did you get for 200? and did they also install the pc for you?

#18 ·
we already had tha pc's installed most newer ones are easy im sure they can install if needed we got 15+ pulls he did a pull let it cool for a few mins while he made adjustments then kept doing it untell it was perfect we were very happy with tha tune and send all of are friends there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.