Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

PCV and the secodary fuel module

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  erick1670 
#1 ·
Is there anyone out there that is running the secondary fuel management system with their PCV? If so how do the maps from the site work for it. I have the 2012 HRC with a slip on Yoshi R77, BMC race filter, Z Bomb, PCV and secondary fuel mangement system. I will be doing a flapper mod to get rid of all the smog control and put the block off plates on and make it true "Ram Air". If anyone has this same set up could you please let me know how you like it and maybe even share your map? Does the regular maps from the site that you put on the PCV also control the secondary fuel module? I will be getting my bike tuned but Revzillas CBR guru says that there are only a few people in the U.S.who can tune a PCV with the secondary fuel management system and that the ones that can are very expensive. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I am running the PCV with the SMF, there are no maps for the 12... I have a map from a 09 that matches my set up.
All you have to do is pick the one that matches or is close to your system, unless you get an custume map...

You can upload the map with just the PCV... I got the SMF b/c I wanted to use a quickshifter and without the SMF, can't do it

#3 ·
So if I find a map that says nothing about the SFM and is for the PCV and matches my mods and I load it then it will operate the SFM also?

#5 ·
why are you wanting to run the sfm? just to be able to tune the top injectors as well? if thats it, dont waste your money. on our bikes, you will not see any hp increase off tuning the top injectors. certain bikes you will (gsxrs and zx-10s) but not the honda. the only reason you should buy the sfm is if you want to run a dynojet qs. even then, i wouldnt recommend that qs. there are other stand alone options that are around the same price or cheaper than the dynojet but offer more bang for the buck.

#6 ·
I just happen to get a great deal on the PCV and SFM and Yoshi R77 titanium SO and a lot of other stuff brand new still in the box, so I figured I would put it on. I originally was going to get the Bazzaz Fi (I already have the Z Bomb on it) because it tunes all the injectors with just the single unit but I ran across this great deal so I thought hell I'll give it a shot. Plus there's absolutely no one around here (Chattanooga) that runs the Bazzaz set up, that I know, so getting it tuned or even getting a generic map for it may be hard to do. I want to have a tune for my bike that makes it perform at it's best at every RPM range in every gear. If the SFM is not going to help with that then I don't want it but if it will then I do. I talked to tech guy at Dynojet and he said that it would help ut that is his job, you know. Is there anyone on here that has ran their bike without the SFM and then with the SFM? If so please let me know what you saw as far as performance changes or problems. Thanks everyone for your help. This is something that I have no experience with.

#8 ·
I run it with out first and with it, no difference. I just got the SMF b/c it was need it to run the QS :th_down: on my other bikes was better... PC USB3 & QS and your done...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.