Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

the 9 year old Champion

2K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  GaRunner07 
#1 ·
So I've been gone a while and very busy with my sons racing. But I thought I would check in and let my 1000rr.net brotha's know that my 9 year old son Brenden has done it again. He is the 2012 MinimotoUSA GP65 Champion on board his Metrakit GP70sp. He also came in 2nd in MiniGP stock and MiniGP mod on his stock NSR50. That's 6 class championships, 3 - 2nd place and 1 - 3rd place in 4 seasons of racing. The first being a MX Championship at 5 and the rest are all roadracing. Clearly this means I no longer have a bike at all but it's well worth it. He LOVES racing and is WAY better than I ever was anyway.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Very cool! Looks like a pro!

Just keep him off my track, I don't think my ego could handle another beating from someone who hasn't hit puberty yet.

(Rode a MX track late last year with a 12 year old, he was giving us all tips on how to go faster and he was the only one hitting the 100 foot finish line downhill double. He was on a race ready 85, I was on a modified 450 and he still passed me. Drag strip I could beat him but throw in a few corners and look out...)

#7 ·
That is great, thanks for sharing. I bet a lot of us here wish we had been in the position he is in at that age with the opportunities it will present. Congrats on all the hard work that I know you both have put into it. It makes it so much easier though when you love doing it. :thumbsup:

#12 ·
A well deserved congratz!!!! To the both of you, at 9 I was'nt even nice on a pedal bike.
Will be keeping an eye out for him in the next couple of years. Keep us posted Im a fan already. Thats how Casey Stoner got started, Just sayin!

#13 ·
Thanks guys for all the kind words. You can follow Brenden on his athlete page @ facebook.com/ketelsen44 and on youtube there are a few video's, just type in #44 Brenden Ketelsen.

#16 ·
I see a 13 year old riding in group 4 with Absolute cycles at NJMP when I go there, and I thought that was young, but a 9 year old??? This is crazy. Do we have next Valentino Rossi here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.