Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2005 1000RR VS 2004 GSXR 1000

6K views 73 replies 26 participants last post by  noahb 
#1 ·
Hello, i am going to race a Gixxer from 2004 in this week. We are planning to do a roll on from about 45 mph. My cbr got BMC Filtre, PC3 USB, Yoshi RS5 Slip on. The guy on the Gixxer only got Akra Slip on. Which bike do you think is quickest? i Know its up to the rider, but which of these two bikes got the most power you think? cheers! :th_salute:

#13 ·
How much do u weight and how much does he weight. Makes a difference on the jump
How far are u racing i would assume.. 8th-1mile
If u are starting at 45mph just make sure u are in your power range. That year gsxr makes great low end. U might can start in first. he 4 sure will be in 2nd. :D
and if the gsxr doesnt have a TRE u will leave him up top no problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#14 ·
+1 Be cautious starting in first though, when you crack it. That front end is gonna wanna pop up real quick. and you should have a bit more power, but not enough to compensate for a bad rider..so get your game face on and represent!haha

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"

#50 ·
So your saying messing with the gears isn't gonna give this kid the extra edge here..? If hes got -1/+1(pretty basic gearing change) and gets the jump (if you wanna call it that from a roll on) then he's gonna stay there, End of race. it's not a race to the top..just til whoever can pull away from the other and stay there

From all the talk that's been about this fucking race, they're better be a vid come from it..

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"

#52 ·
So your saying messing with the gears isn't gonna give this kid the extra edge here..? If hes got -1/+1(pretty basic gearing change) and gets the jump (if you wanna call it that from a roll on) then he's gonna stay there, End of race. it's not a race to the top..just til whoever can pull away from the other and stay there
There is no "staying there".... The bike with - 1/+1 is going to have an edge....... until it runs out of gear and the stock geared bike catches it and passes it.

Sent from my M886 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#64 ·
OK So I have a question, does changing your overall gearing really make that big of an acceleration difference?

This is why I ask, from a mathematical perspective, I understand that with a gearing change you're allowing the engine to rev-out faster, however you are also shortening each gear's effective speed window.

So yes it feels like your accelerating faster, as the rev's are building faster than at stock gearing, but the speed that gear takes you to, is slower than a bike with stock gearing. So if you are accelerating a little faster, it is up to a slower speed...

Now in mid-range roll-on, I can see a geared bike pulling ahead of a stocker (getting into it's powerband quicker), until both bikes are in their top-end powerbands, then they'd be even again.

ALSO: If you're really looking to compare bikes performance, dont do a 'up-through-the gears-race'. Try a 6th gear roll-on side-by-side at highway speeds. That takes out any variable of rider skill, shifting-speed, etc. Its just a straight acceleration/dyno-pull side by side. I've done this many times with my '091KRR vs. other bikes. And its cool to see the different power-bands come on at different times.

Anyone have any thoughts on this??

#68 ·
That's all this thread is about and you get the drift by your post. Not the case with some tools on here. To answer your question, IMO (I'm ready flametards) from a 45mph roll the geared bike (-1), already turning about 8000 in1st gear will not get enough of a jump to outrun stock gearing in anything over 1/8 mi. :stirpot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.