Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

RideSmart Circuit De Americas June 1 & 2

4K views 49 replies 13 participants last post by  CBRyb 
#1 ·
Who's going? That track is f***ing sick!!

#5 ·
If the money is available, and there's enough time between CMRA events, I may do it; but it will probably be Sold Out by the time I can make that decision....

#6 ·
Doh!!! This is a dream come true! I been day dreaming about riding cota since i heard that they might be building it, lol. BUT, i got kido number 2 showing up about that time, can't plan to be away on those dates.

Hopefully there will always be next year!

#10 ·
Loony and I were talking tonight about this.

People need to be very cognizant of the value of this...

$960 for two days, and even if the math / hours work out exactly to the schedule, that's 14 total riding sessions (barring no accidents, crash truck, etc)...

$960 / 14 sessions; that's over $68 / session
14 sessions = 280 minutes; almost $3.50 / minute
280 minutes / hours, that's 4 hours 40 minutes; that's over $208 / hour

All this with no real hands-on Expert Instruction.

Then of course, travel gas, bike prep, overnight accomodations, etc.
For those that are not racing, and have that extra expense, sure, it's a Bucket List item to do!

...Since 2013 will be another race year for me, I'll have to pass, even if I have to wait a few years to do this, and the price will hopefully come down!

#16 ·
Loony and I were talking tonight about this.

People need to be very cognizant of the value of this...

$960 for two days, and even if the math / hours work out exactly to the schedule, that's 14 total riding sessions (barring no accidents, crash truck, etc)...

$960 / 14 sessions; that's over $68 / session
14 sessions = 280 minutes; almost $3.50 / minute
280 minutes / hours, that's 4 hours 40 minutes; that's over $208 / hour

All this with no real hands-on Expert Instruction.

Then of course, travel gas, bike prep, overnight accomodations, etc.
For those that are not racing, and have that extra expense, sure, it's a Bucket List item to do!

...Since 2013 will be another race year for me, I'll have to pass, even if I have to wait a few years to do this, and the price will hopefully come down!

Good to know info :thumbsup:

Show up and pay money for track rental, essentially, and hope all the riders are in the right group and some idiot doesn't take you out, right??!!! :shoot:

#14 ·
I signed up for that Saturday. Greg I doubt the price is gonna go down. Bite the bullet and mark this off the bucket list!
That will be an expensive month though for sure. We have NOLA two weeks later. Plus I'll be and Cali another one of those weekends. I'm setting money aside now. And looks like I'll need to be on that good ole college Ramen diet to accommodate :gay:

#22 ·
Bite the bullet and mark this off the bucket list!
That will be an expensive month though for sure. We have NOLA two weeks later.
Disagree on the cost-justification factor, to a Bucket List agenda.
My money this year, is going to 'Racing', not to Track Day events.
I am preparing for NOLA, that it's going to be a three-tire weekend... If I can stay back in Novice for 2013, I'm looking at my CMRA season for points, and podium placements.
Everyone I talked to, said that place just EATS TIRES.
Didn't Brandt go through three tires in one day; Friday practice for AMA?

And on that math for the weekend, it's kind of irrelevant the way you're putting, else you wouldn't be racing. That's $80 and they don't last for more than 10-15 mins. That's $320/hr at best, $480/hr for somewhere like cresson.
All with no "hands-on expert instruction." Basically my point is, you do it for the experience, not because it costs $xxx/hr. This is the same reason they sold out in one day 6 months ahead of the event.
Deferring to the validation above, 'racing' and the costs of it, is nothing that you can compare to a TRACK DAY that costs that much money.
Paying what we do for our Sprint Racing, is for bragging rights, Points, and the satisfaction of Competition.
Paying over $1000 for a two-day Track Day, with no hands-on expert-instruction, is just not what I'm willing to pay at this time.
...Perhaps in a couple years, when I'm done with racing full-time.

Without expert instruction is a BIG deal. It means those in charge know less about what they are doing.

Who is the ARC instructor?
Brandt Dillon is always (at this time anyway) the Advanced Rider Course instructor (with possibly an assistant).

#20 ·
One of the emails I saw said they'll have the advanced rider course, but not sure how effective that will be. Who knows maybe the instructors will get to ride on it first? Or be required to play the video game until they meet a certain lap time :thumbsup:

Saturday sold out in one day, in just the morning I think. L3 Sunday was sold out too when I checked yesterday. I got in for L3 Saturday. I can't believe I was going to wait until after the GP race.

It'll be their corner workers & track marshalls etc. Hopefully we won't have to worry about too much down time. Plus they have real run offs, you don't have to be all scared if you go off that you're gonna hit a ditch and rocks, and maybe land by a cow or some crazy shit like our regular tracks.

And on that math for the weekend, it's kind of irrelevant the way you're putting, else you wouldn't be racing. That's $80 and they don't last for more than 10-15 mins. That's $320/hr at best, $480/hr for somewhere like cresson.
All with no "hands-on expert instruction." Basically my point is, you do it for the experience, not because it costs $xxx/hr. This is the same reason they sold out in one day 6 months ahead of the event.

#24 ·
...Yes.
Though it may be labeled as 'King of the retards', I'll take that over a last-place Expert every weekend.

It's really simple, and as I listed in my protest letter.
There were a sizable number of racers who didn't compete all year, who are clearly faster than me. Had they competed all year, as I did, their points would have put me much farther back in the 2012 season-ending chase.
Also, comparing my lap times to the Expert racers, I'm not even in the top 75%... What fun, honestly, would that be; and only being my second year in!?

#27 ·
FlyingPig forwarded me his email notification this morning. This is what was there ---

We have just been notified that Circuit of The Americas has decided NOT to rent to ANY trackday organizations in 2013 and they will be cancelling our scheduled trackdays.

Our official statement:

Ride Smart regrets to announce that Circuit of The Americas has cancelled all their scheduled trackdays in 2013. Circuit of The Americas stated that they were taking their business in a "different direction" and would not be renting to trackday organizations in 2013. This includes the scheduled trackday that Ride Smart announced for June 1 and 2, 2013 and had just begun accepting registrations.

Ride Smart stands by its customers and will immediately begin contacting customers and refunding the trackday deposits and fees paid. Customers may elect for a refund or a credit to their Ride Smart account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope all our customers will continue to choose Ride Smart as their preferred trackday provider.

To receive your refund back to your credit card, simply do nothing. We will begin processing refunds the beginning of the business week. If you would like monies paid to be transferred to your Ride Smart account for use at a later time, just reply to this email and let us know by Monday, December 24.

#30 ·
Money saved for more Barber fun!...

#33 ·
#35 ·
Epic shiznit right there. Makes it look easy. The MotoGP guys will be there soon, see what laps they can lay down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.