Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

HRC ECUs

87K views 291 replies 77 participants last post by  greenman43 
#1 · (Edited)
can get for all years and models(jsb,wsb etc)

#4 ·
...is this the same thing that Dan Kyle sells? If so, do you have to do the same modifications to the bike for the ECU to work?

#5 ·
what are the diffrences between the diffrent hrc ecu's?
i am very interested, but im not going to just run in and grab what ever hrc ecu not knowing what all is diffrent between the others. no one seems to have a clear answer on this? seeing you can get them stright from the source i would expect you to know?

#50 · (Edited)
I have the HRCX basic racer ECU via Dan--it is a plug'n play with the stock harness--however you do lose your fan. Like Bill said, you also have to disconnect the clutch switch. The ECU is programmable, but you need the HRC harness/cable and SW--to tune the bike on a dyno w/o a PC3. Mine just uses a PC3.

Note: I had to have mine remapped for the ECU as the map that I got from Dan K was just stupid rich above 11K

BTW--my bike has HRC cams/dual springs all the way around

#11 ·
simonkobejapan said:
works on the stock harness
dan kyle sold the basic racer one,but i have access to all 4 types of HRC ecus
basic racer,endurance,superbike and JSB
each are designed for different ranges of engine work,compression etc
can you post about them? what ecu is for what mods, adjustments, etc? i hate to buy an ecu, then do cams pistons rods and crank work, to have it run sub par :confused:

#14 ·
simonkobejapan said:
they have a chart somewhere...ill dig it up
they dopnt really think about power commanders when they make their kits,and all full systems will worl ok with them9but probabaly the HRC akrapovic is ideal,not the normal system the fuul HRC one)
a chart would be great!
also, do these come with the programing cable?

#19 ·
aventura247@netscape.net said:
so in reality instead of spending 300 buxs on the power commader mightest well add a extra 100 buxs to HRC ecu and do way much more stuff with it

PLEASE GIVE ALL INFO THAT IS BEENING ASKED

VERY VERY INTERESTEAD
I do not know what Simon can get them for, but typically the cable you need to program the ECU is 350 dollars.

#21 ·
Anomoly said:
how much is the software to tune it.... ???????????????
software comes with the cable, its a funky app coded in visual basic
ive been wanting to get my hands on a cable to i can duplicate it
i belive its a rs232 to some simple undocumented nonsense
i bet i can make those cables for less than 40 bucks if i could just break one open ;)

#23 ·
Fyi

Just an FYI that anybody that's thinking of installing one of these ECUs (even the basic racer) should be prepared to spend some extra cash on valve springs and labor to install them. If anyone buys this ecu and doesnt upgrade their springs, then eventually they will be stuck with a blown motor.

#24 · (Edited)
rede-rasta said:
Just an FYI that anybody that's thinking of installing one of these ECUs (even the basic racer) should be prepared to spend some extra cash on valve springs and labor to install them. If anyone buys this ecu and doesnt upgrade their springs, then eventually they will be stuck with a blown motor.
Only if you don't know how to shift before red line. Just because the limiter is raised, doesn't mean that you have to run the engine up there, but if you are a racer and need that extra 1000 RPM's it would be wise to take rede-rasta's advice and put in HRC, or aftermarket springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.