Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Race bike complete

15K views 69 replies 34 participants last post by  Cobratheseal 
#1 ·
Just need to put some numbers on and the new race bike will be complete. Transformed my 08 1k and can't wait for the start of next season.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. The gpr I got from u worked out great.

#4 ·
Bike in action at last track day of the year.

#5 ·
very nice! Looks great. One thought.... If you plan on changing out your tires a lot, it might be easier to put the safety wire through some tubing and use a clip through the caliper bolts. It just makes it super easy to take on and off and you don't have to redo it everytime.

Attachments

#8 ·
Not a bad idea.

#18 ·
#10 ·
Good call. I think it would look good with the black it would add to the tank.

#13 ·
Thanks!

#12 ·
After many years of wanting to try it, next year is the year. Goals are just to finish :thumbsup: Did you race last year?

#28 ·
I mounted a piece of alum plate to where the key lock assembly was located. It is very secure and ended up in a great place that allowed me to still see the stock cluster. I can take a photo of it if u would like.

#29 ·
Nope, it's all shark skins that I had painted at a body shop.

#30 ·
It's all stock pcv cables. They did a nice job compared to previous versions.

#31 ·
It's worked out well so far. I wanted to keep the stock one to conform to all the classes I wanted to race this year.

#25 ·
Awesome build- simple, clean, effective. She's a beaut clark.

What's the black circular tab thing on the undertail? How did you handle your exhaust servo delete?

Hopefully it never hits the deck but be careful with the R&G engine covers, unfortunately I've tested them and was a bit disappointed in how they burnt through. Woodcraft sliders will hopefully help the cause.

#32 ·
The thing under the tail is a cable I got through lcom, it's a waterproof USB cable that is connected to the power commander. Allows me to program everything without removing the seat ;)
Lol I hope to never test the r&g case savers.
I used the servo removal part made by a member on this site. Works perfect, but I don't know if he makes them anymore. It made a great spot to fit the auto tune, pcv, and SFM.

#33 ·
The GPX allows you to add video to the data through a Go-Pro??? Which GPX do you have? I would love to have suspension (F/R), Brake, and Throttle with added video... Was looking at the Starlane Stealth with the Can-Bus attachment but not sure if it can add video? Very nice...

#34 ·
I have the GPX-pro 4. The gpx just collects the data, similar to the starlane. I use a program called dashware to take that data and combine it with the video from the go-pro. I think the dashware software was around $50 and is very easy to use once you get the right settings.

#35 ·
Oh, and I made the cbr dash in the video from a picture I took of my bikes dash. After a little photo editing, I was able to use dashware to make the tach work correctly. I think I can send the file for the dash if anyone is interested.

#37 ·
No prob. Glad to help.

#39 ·
Looks nice with good features, but it seems like the gpx gives you more options and real time info for not much more $.

#40 ·
Some photos from last weekends race.

#41 ·
Only damage of the weekend ;)

#48 ·
A cheap program called dashware puts the gpx data and the video together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.