Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Bazzaz TC info required

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  stigrider 
#1 ·
I know my bike is not a 'drag bike' as I still use it on the street... I have lowered the front about 25mm & the rear is also lowered so that I am flat on my feet. No extension.

I still get quite a bit of lift in 1st gear which I would like to eliminate.

My question is, is it wise to adjust the Traction Control for 1st gear to try & keep the front wheel down or is better to just learn to ride the wheelie?

My buddy has a k7 gixxer that's even lower than mine & he is up in the air in 1st & 2nd gear, but rides it out.
To me, that's not ideal, I want be on the ground as much as possible...

Thanks in advance for your input

#2 ·
Not sure on the bazzaz, but i'm 95kg, and had a heap of runs with a friend on his RSV4 Factory (also pretty close to my weight - within 2kg), with traction control (both on and off), quickshifter, wheelie control, etc.

The traction control on his bike made little difference, we both ran similar times (within a couple of tenths) and he had the benefit of flat-shifting with the quickshifter.

He reckons he can launch better with it turned off (that's the factory aprilia stuff, which is presumably pretty good).

YMMV, etc.

I reckon just learn to ride it out and keep the front down with rear brake, and spend money on a quickshifter instead (which you already did, looking at your sig)...

#3 ·
Guess I'm just gonna have to grow a bigger pair...

I will be in touch with another gixxer guy (track Racer) soon & will practice with him... Lol

Drags are dominated by gixxers down here by us & I really wanna show them a thing or two on a Blade...

Thanks for ur response... I know it's a bit of a touchy subject when u don't wanna do full drag setup ��

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.