Went for a Honda, They're selling me a Kawasaki!? - Page 3 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net
 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 59 Old 12-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Runeknight95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,301
Do you think or should you check into the fact a credit card was just oppened up in your name and then closed? thats gotta hurt your credit score
Runeknight95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 59 Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Ex-Everything
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 6,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by GligorovDimce View Post
They are stupid people that dont do math when they buy things.
This is so true.



2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline  
post #23 of 59 Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Ex-Everything
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 6,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runeknight95 View Post
Do you think or should you check into the fact a credit card was just oppened up in your name and then closed? thats gotta hurt your credit score
He doesn't seem to really grasp this whole credit thing yet.



2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline  
post #24 of 59 Old 12-08-2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SamRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
He doesn't seem to really grasp this whole credit thing yet.
Grasp what exactly? the fact that out of no where you get a Yamaha credit card? or the first dealer approved me thru Honda and told me I wasn't approved? What would you do with a credit card that you haven't even requested or opened? just keep it open?
No CBRyb, I had already got mine at the time.
P.S. this happened in Oct. I have almost a 1000 miles on it now

As far as the choice between the 10R and CBR, that's true, they're both great bikes, the 10R had more features, but I have not got my Honda fix for the last 2 years, I totaled the first one, and my 2nd one got stolen 7 months after I bought it, I want to own one until I get bored of it, or I decide it's time for something else. and I already know a few about it, and don't want to do a whole new research on a new bike. not to mention it's a HONDA, which lasts forever, Hopefully.
SamRR is offline  
post #25 of 59 Old 12-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Ex-Everything
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 6,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRR View Post
Grasp what exactly? the fact that out of no where you get a Yamaha credit card? or the first dealer approved me thru Honda and told me I wasn't approved? What would you do with a credit card that you haven't even requested or opened? just keep it open?
No CBRyb, I had already got mine at the time.
P.S. this happened in Oct. I have almost a 1000 miles on it now

As far as the choice between the 10R and CBR, that's true, they're both great bikes, the 10R had more features, but I have not got my Honda fix for the last 2 years, I totaled the first one, and my 2nd one got stolen 7 months after I bought it, I want to own one until I get bored of it, or I decide it's time for something else. and I already know a few about it, and don't want to do a whole new research on a new bike. not to mention it's a HONDA, which lasts forever, Hopefully.
You have to sign an app to get a card, so it's hardly out of nowhere.
clking13 likes this.



2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline  
post #26 of 59 Old 12-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Beantown Member
 
Miked617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 650
They forged your info to approve you for the credit card aka no bueno!!!
Miked617 is online now  
post #27 of 59 Old 12-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Jamin466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky310 View Post
"Now I can get you the wagon, there's no problem there. The problem is that it might take six weeks. Now, I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster... You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it."


Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jamin466 is online now  
post #28 of 59 Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SamRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
You have to sign an app to get a card, so it's hardly out of nowhere.
Oh yeah?! what if I did not sign any app?

the Only thing I signed was the very first approval letter that I agree they look up my credit.
SamRR is offline  
post #29 of 59 Old 12-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 142
Well, they had to order a cbr for you or just move a zx10 sitting on their floor...
the zx10 goes home with you in their eyes and it's an easy pick.

I know people who sell bikes at big dealerships, plenty of kids are just happy to take home a 1000, just tell them how "X" is absolutely the latest and greatest.
I'm actually surprised they would have taken a truck in for a trade.
mind is offline  
post #30 of 59 Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Jess1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 207
That is crazy!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jess1977 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome