Went for a Honda, They're selling me a Kawasaki!? : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #1

Went for a Honda, They're selling me a Kawasaki!?

So I have an idea on mind for how much I'm willing to pay, and what I want.
I went to a dealershit in town, and said here are my conditions, yes or no,
They didn't have the white 12 on the floor, and one of my condition is they should order it for me. and take my truck as a trade in for the price I want.
everything seemed to work out alright, I went back a different day, to finish up paperwork. they said they couldn't approve me, then at the end of the day, they said they were able to approve me.
long story short, I cut the guy up once he brought the papers for me to sign, and I said just to make sure, it's the White blue/red one right?
The guy said, well .. they don't come in that color?!?!?! I said what, the Honda CBR1000RR 2012 model don't come in that color? and you're a Honda dealer. he said Oh, but you're getting a KAWASAKI ZX10-R!!!!!

I said WTF I'm here for a HONDA man, and you're selling me a Kawasaki.
He said well, you were Not approved for the Honda, but we got you approved for the Kawasaki. saying it all happy like as if he did me a big Fking favour.
I said well, thank you. and left the place.

EDIT
After they said credit not approved by Honda, well GUESS WHAT, I went to the other dealer the next day, and they gave me my deal, when we started papers, they said there is a problem that you are approved by HONDA with ANOTHER dealer, so Honda requested every id and bill I have and ssn card to prove it was me not someone else, how about that, I was approved by Honda and they still did the Kawa, I guess coz they couldn't make MY deal on the Honda!!!!

2 weeks after, I received a YAMAHA CREDIT CARD for $2,000 and it says use it towards accessories for your new YAMAHA!!!! WTF lol, I called the number on the card and closed it.

Guys, before you walk in, know what you want, and don't buy what they throw at ya.

Last edited by SamRR; 12-07-2012 at 03:38 AM.
SamRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #2

HILARIOUS. The things salesmen do these days baffles me

Although the Kawi would be a 2nd choice for me
stage5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Sine Labore Nihil

Man, that is just crazy. I don't know, maybe they are used to dealing with people that just want a motorcycle and don't know a lot about them. That is a stretch though and sounds almost shady the way you describe it. That experience would make me not want to return to the place and I think I probably have a good idea who you are talking about.
hiddentoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddentoken View Post
Man, that is just crazy. I don't know, maybe they are used to dealing with people that just want a motorcycle and don't know a lot about them. That is a stretch though and sounds almost shady the way you describe it. That experience would make me not want to return to the place and I think I probably have a good idea who you are talking about.
Yup, I think you do, you see, they have a bad reputation already, so I don't need to mention any names lol. they're already there, and yes, it was shady just as I described it, and I was there for almost a whole day like from the morning till around 5, just waiting for approvals and such crap.
However, I asked for the Kawa price just outta curiousity, but they know very well I was in there for a Honda.
SamRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #5

Wow, that is crazy as hell! Good for you for walking out and not settling. Those guys will do anything for a sell.
RW_Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #6

What a let down. It's crazy if they would have let you sign for a different bike.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jamin466 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRR View Post
Yup, I think you do, you see, they have a bad reputation already, so I don't need to mention any names lol. they're already there, and yes, it was shady just as I described it, and I was there for almost a whole day like from the morning till around 5, just waiting for approvals and such crap.
However, I asked for the Kawa price just outta curiousity, but they know very well I was in there for a Honda.
If they already had a bad reputation then why give them your business.
Alby likes this.
daveblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
crotch rocket

"Now I can get you the wagon, there's no problem there. The problem is that it might take six weeks. Now, I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster... You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it."
Attached Images

Team MSB Racing
Sponsors: MadisonSBK.com, MadWraps, LLC, The Shoe Box
CCS MW amateur #310
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
Nicky310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Ex-Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveblank View Post
If they already had a bad reputation then why give them your business.
Good question. Also, if you aren't approved for the Honda, does that mean they turned down your credit app?

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #10

Not approved for Honda, but we will give you kawasaki?
Its like,not approved for Ram, we will give you Ford!!
Ask them for a toalet paper, they will give you plastic bags!
Fucking retarted sales persons!

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement