Bad Deal with Selfmade1kRR : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #1

Bad Deal with Selfmade1kRR

i've been slowly rebuilding my bike. I bought a subframe from selfmade1krr some months back for $150, which sadly was excessive to begin with, but i wanted to get started with the rebuild by at least buying some needed parts, and at the time i couldn't find another subframe. when i got it, it looked fine at a glance; i didn't install it immediately because I have other things that require my attention: kids, house, work, etc.

Anyway, when we started negotiating I asked if it was straight. his response was that he'd send pics. It looked fine in pics, and he said it just had a messed up battery tray. I sent him the money and received it. again, it looked ok if you just held it up, so i sent him a pm saying it looked good. For months, it sat on a shelf. when i finally got it on there i stood behind the bike and it was tweaked to the left by about an inch. i sat on the bike for a while thinking maybe it was just me. i pm'd selfmade1krr asking him if it was tweaked and he said it was fine. i left it alone until i could buy a tail fairing and see how it would look installed. i finally bought one, installed it and it sat tweaked. so, i wondered if it was maybe my frame and not the subframe. i bought ANOTHER used subframe from another member for less than half what selfmade1krr sold me his, installed it and voila, it sits nice and straight.

I told selfmade1krr that it is definitely tweaked and he accused me of "throwing it around". i can't throw a subframe hard enough to bend it. i'd have to have something super heavy sitting on it to tweak it, like a car. those things hold up hundreds of lbs of weight. they're not easily bent.

anyway, it's obvious he's not going to refund me anything, which totally SUCKS! It has to go in the trash; I don't have money to just throw away like that; $150 just going straight into the garbage. I'd offer to pay all shipping of the item back to him for the difference as a refund, but he hasn't responded back to me since our last pm's.

I've done business with several of you guys on here, and anytime something wasn't right i've corrected it, always.

So BEWARE, buyers. This guy may sell you an item that isn't 100% at full price.

the last of our PM's:

-hey, man. was this subframe in an accident or something? i've completed the tail rebuild on my bike and the left side is about an inch lower than the right. i cant ride sitting tweaked like that, especially if i'm performance riding

-there was no damage to the subframe just wat i stated in the pm
the tray was the only thing damaged

-that subframe you sold me was definitely bent. it was bent so slightly that i didn't notice until i almost finished rebuilding the bike. i ended up having to buy another one for less than half what you sold me the bent one, installed it yesterday, and it fits fine. after removing it, and looking at it, i can clearly see the direction in which it's bent.

so can i expect any kind of refund from you? I was strongly ripped off here, especially since i paid full going rate for that thing. $150 for a bent subframe that has to go in the garbage isn't right.

-i sold you a str8 subframe now if in the time since i sold it to u you had it thown around then thats not my problem
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
1 2 3, 5 6 7

Months and months, after telling him you thought it "looked good", you want a refund?

You also mention the price a few times... why? The price was offered, you agreed to pay it, pricing over and done with.

I see your point of view some what, but these are bikes... delicate at best... you really need to consider checking items promptly on delivery. Surely you can see his point about "in the time since I sold it to you..."?
imdying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
Ex-Everything

You waited too long to have a strong upper hand in this. I wouldn't offer a refund at that point either, but I would know for a fact that I sent straight shit.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #4

To the OP "Suck it up Buttercup" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti
Repsol236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #5

Sucks it is bent but u really should have checked it the day ya got it. Heck I do that with brand new stuff. Idk bout this whole situation.
Corsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #6

Nevertheless, check you'r shit, guys. I've learned from this mistake.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:48 AM   #7

Kinda shitty that he sold you a bent subframe and didn't tell you straight up, but as it has been said before, I think you've waited a little too long on this. Plus you said it initially looked good. Kinda put yourself into a corner there.
2thDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #8

I definitely waited to long. From now on I'm only ordering things the second I'm ready to install. I'm advising others to do the same to avoid being in this situation. I also would have made sure what I sold was in tip top shape.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #9

You waited to long!
Bazzaz Z-FI
EK 520 Chain -1/+1 gearing.
R6 Throttle Tube
Flapper Mod.
Dual Fan Switch Mod
K&N Air Filter
Pair Mod
Z-Bomb
Hot bodies smoked windscreen
Fender eliminator Led turn signals