Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Avoid Pilot Leathers

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  CNI Dawg 
#1 ·
Avoid Pilot Leathers like the plague.

I bought a new suit at the end of 2013 that I wore one time. After my accident in my alpinestars suit last year, I put on the Pilot to ride the Circuit of the Americas trackday. Immediately, the zipper failed.
I contacted Pilot, upset about the money lost on the trackday, and the fact that a $1300 suit had a malfunction after wearing it once. They agreed to take the suit back and fix it, in addition to repairing my alpinestars suit, since there was no reimbursement for the $500 trackday that was flushed down the toilet...

A month went by and I recieved my alpinestars suit back, not repaired and patched like I was told. The torn parts were literally glued back together instead of properly patching it, there are still open rips in the knees and stretch panels etc...

Whats even better is the fact that they lost my pilot suit. It took 3 months to get it back, after they lost it in shipping, in the shop etc... Whats even worse is my Pilot suit came back scuffed up and damaged, with the same crap zipper that failed the first time...
This company has yet to make it right. They refuse to answer calls, emails, etc., and I am now having to send both suits elsewhere to get repaired properly...

Pilot Motosport IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH...

You can be sure I will be posting this everywhere I can so people avoid this company like the plague....

See less See more
#3 ·
You can be sure I will be posting this everywhere I can so people avoid this company like the plague....
Just because you've had a bad experience with Pilot, doesn't mean that they're an inferior company with inferior products/workmanship. Every company drops the ball every now and then. Now you've made it a personal vendetta, but you're forgetting about great suits that they have made and some of the happy customers they still have.

But you said so, so I'll burn my Pilot suit right now.:rolleyes:

#4 ·
Great Suits??? I've worn and owned many suits... There are a lot of good ones, and then there is this piece of crap. I know more than a couple people in Pilot Suits. And they are becoming just as unhappy as I am...

When customers spend good money on your product, you should at least back it up and take care of any issues. Not send it back in worse condition than you got it, and then tell your customer to deal with it...

Don't take it so personal Cobalt, lol...

All I'm saying is that I'd like nothing more than to see the company go bankrupt. :)

Either that or get my damn suit fixed, both of them, properly...

#5 ·
I think you're the one taking it personal. I couldn't care less about your problems or about Pilot, so cut the crap.

Perhaps you should contact your CC company and file a chargeback. Contact the BBB or the California Attorney General. That will get Pilot's attention. Get your money back and move on.

#11 ·
Glad to hear your back,,,you racing only? or are you gonna do TD's as well? And thanks for the heads up on the Leathers... I was going to send my suit to them for some work...

#12 ·
Sorry to hear about your Pilot leathers.

FYI...My Syed leathers have held up great over the past 6 years.
Crashed several times.

Sent back for repairs once and their repairs were very good and reasonably priced
Think you can still get a set for around $1000 which is pretty reasonable for durable leathers.

Last season I lost some weight & bought a set of RS Taichi - the japanese leather ones. They are well made and lighter than my Syed suit. (but more expense)
Unfortunately I've gained some weight this winter & will be back in the Syed's until I drop 15 lbs :-(

Always good to have a backup set of leathers !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.