Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Whats your winter gloves?

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  africaguide 
#1 · (Edited)
I ride deep Into the Chicago winter months every year. Never w/ proper winter gloves. Last year til Dec 8th. I've been using the A* GpPro gloves w/ Cabelas base layer silk liners underneath the gloves. I commute to work, and get to ride back home at nights when temps are in the low teens and w/ the windchill at almost 0 degrees and when riding the air gets even colder. I had to pump my hands and constantly wiggling fingers and thumbs in long straights or when not shifting/braking/clutching to keep hands warm...

Those were some interesting experiences and i had to tough it out in alot of nights. At home fingers burning and swollen for hours

This year i want to get proper winter gloves.

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?? WHAT DO YOU USE??

Been looking at the following gloves

Rev'it! ALASKA GTX
Held WARM N DRY
Dainese JERICO

Do you guys have any experience w/ this gloves? sizing? on the Alpinestars GpPro im size LARGE

Whats Alpinestars best winter glove? do they have one??

See less See more
#4 ·
Look into the possibility of heated grips too. I ride through the year too and I live in northern Indiana. I dont have heated grips but I have heard they are awesome. I have a pair of technics that are leather with a water/windproof. they work well down to about 2-25 f.

#7 ·
Same gloves but with latex gloves underneath

#10 ·
I've been using Widder electric gloves for years and have commuted year round in Boston, including riding in the 10s and 20s many times. They are bulky and might not offer the very best crash protection, but that was a tradeoff I was willing to make to avoid frostbite. I love the gloves, but the company went out of business a couple years ago. They can occasionally be found on eBay.

#13 ·
I have Klim gloves that work well in cold and wet, but not the most comfortable with the internal liner.

I really like my Held phantoms, so I may check out some Held winter gloves - at least for wet, which is when I need more here in winter.

#15 ·
Dainese Scout Gore-Tex Gloves

I just bought a set of Dainese Scout Gore Tex Gloves XL for $140 shipped.

I was leaning towards the Dainese Jerico $210-220 but thats really expensive. I found this set of Scout gloves at a good price IMO. I will give them a try once i get them and use them w/ my old set of Cabelas Silk liners inside. Cant be worse then riding w/ GP Pro gloves n silk liners.

I tried on a set of the Scout gloves at my local Dainese Store. They dont really have protection other then the knuckle protector and the DCP i think it called in the pinky. Which i dont like and trust. the pinky still has alot of free range of montion on every side and backwards. I dont really like it or trust it since almost braking my fingers last year if not for Alpinestars 3-4 finger bridge!:hail: design. Even w/ the 3-4 finger bridge my fingers/finger joints hurt for almost 8 months. W/ the Gp Pro glove i cant move my finger on any other position other then the pre-curve form.. A+ on the Dainese i can freely mover my finger like nothing.. I dont think its a good thing. But i guess Dainese knows what its doing.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.