Does this suit fit me??? : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #1

Does this suit fit me???

Hey all, I just picked up this suit. Great suit but I'm not sure about the fit. It's my first 1pc which will be used for track days this year.
I'm 5'9"/205. I have a 45" chest and 35" waist with about a 31" inseam. That's my dilemma, my measurements are all over the spectrum.
After inquiring from several different companies about what size I would need they were all in agreement in a 56. I have a Dainese Avro jacket in a 56 and it fits like a glove with the Wave protector.
I couldn't get a 54 jacket on in the store.
Ihave not tried sizes with the suits. Couldn't find a local place with the Atem. I figured I was gonna have trouble with an off the rack suit.

As I said, this is a 56. I do not have a back protector in. I'm pleased with the fit in the upper body but the lower half is my concern. It's a bit hard to see in the pics because of the damn glare but the legs are pretty baggy.

Oh yeah, sorry for the constipated look! I'm just getting over the Flu/Bronchitis and still feel like Chit!

Opinions??

Scottyluck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Admin

shoulders and sleeve length look good. when in the riding position, the pucks do look to be a little low. you will grind thru that leather suit on your first session out.

if i were you, i would return the suit and go with something that can be made to fit. there are a couple of companies that make high end stuff. a-stars is ok for off the shelf, but there are better.

http://www.superbikesupply.com
info@superbikesupply.com
828-287-2101-sales
FEED YOUR EGO!!
http://www.facebook.com/superbikesupply
SBS Forum http://forum.superbikesupply.com/forum.php
08 cbr 1000rr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Being right is bitter-sweet when you're ruled and surrounded by morons.

"Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves." - D.H. Lawrence
lexus rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus rx View Post
shoulders and sleeve length look good. when in the riding position, the pucks do look to be a little low. you will grind thru that leather suit on your first session out.

if i were you, i would return the suit and go with something that can be made to fit. there are a couple of companies that make high end stuff. a-stars is ok for off the shelf, but there are better.
Those were my concerns. The suit just feels a bit too long. The knee/shin armor just doesn't feel rock solid in the right place when I'm in the tuck position.
Thanks for the insight.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #4

We have very similar builds, I ordered the 46-56 a* first too. The legs were just too long. Face it we could stand to drop a pound or 20 I went down to a 44-54. Made all the difference in the world. My. Measurements are 5'11", 44.5 chest, 32 inseam. For my weight I need to be 6'6" to fit the a* sizing chart

My back protector is an older bulky a* and i still had room to breath in a tuck and the leggs were perfect.

I wondered how the a* short suit would have fit?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
1 Fast Aussie

If that's a brand new suit and you don't plan on wearing a spine pad, the. It looks a little big. You could probably get away with 1 size smaller. The leather will stretch once you put some time in it....

As far as custom leathers, for not much more than an expensive dianese off the rack, you could get one made to fit, just like Lexus said... If you are anyehere near California, helimot is a great way to go. I'm not one to plug companies, especially when I myself don't use them, but I know a number of guys that wear helimot suits and absolutely love them... Best of luck...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #6

I tried to wear off the rack suits for years - could never find anything that fit correctly everywhere on by 'old geezer' body.

Finally broke down & bought a custom made Syed Leathers suit

Will never wear anything else again !!!

These days they cost about $1000 for a single color custom made suit with full armor & ventilation package

Visit their web site for more details

61 & still having FUN !!
#77 Dallas Honda - CMRA Modern Classic Endurance
Sponsors- Dallas Honda, LP Racing, EBC, Silkolene

CNI Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #7

Try these suits.

http://www.janmanshop.com/motorbike-clothing/suits.html

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Brutus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus82 View Post
I have two of his custom suits, 2 of his custom jackets, and 4 pair of custom gloves. Great quality and custom fit and designs. Most excellent customer service also!
cbrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #9

I actually exchanged that suit for a 54. Figured I might as well try that first. BIG difference. Everything falls into place where it should. The upper body still fits snug with enough room for a back protector and the legs are much shorter. The knee armor is actually over my knee now when I'm in the riding position.

I thought about Janmanshop but there were some issues I read about on another forum that I wasn't keen about. I may try one of his jackets inthe future though to "test" the waters so to speak.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #10

The pucks are definantly to far down, the legs and but area are to baggy and will get worse as the suit breaks in. I would suggest#1 if you love the suit(which its pimp) then have it tailored. Couple hundred bucks gets you a custom suit. #2 Just return it and buy a Heroic,Pilot evo or the likes. Personally I tried some Tiachi's, Alpinestars, and founf for the money I could buy a Pilot and have it done completely my way with no sacrifices! Same price stand point. I'm excited to see you it looks. Thanks to Joseph at Motoliberty for doing all the measurements and getting me color swatches and advice. He's a Cool cat!
SlvrR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement