Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

I fear my Leather Jacket would ride up in a street crash

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  areax 
#1 ·
My old Jacket had slips that clipped the thing to your belt loops, my current leather jacket doesnt have these.
Has anyone expereinced a crash where a leather jacket would ride up on them as they slid?
The ony crashes ive been in were track related so the leather jacket was connected to pants through the zipper function.
Are there any options out there to have jacket connect to your belt loops?

#6 ·
English?

MY roomate has a jacket that zips togethor, but he has never used it. He went down twice last year and his never rode up. I personally thought his jacket was too big for him also, if that give you anymore indication.

I wouldn't bother with the belt loops, as has been mentioned above. But I'm sure some icon jackets have those... seems like something they would market.

Seems the key is to make sure the lower tightening straps are were they need to be then , thanks all

#5 ·
MY roomate has a jacket that zips togethor, but he has never used it. He went down twice last year and his never rode up. I personally thought his jacket was too big for him also, if that give you anymore indication.

I wouldn't bother with the belt loops, as has been mentioned above. But I'm sure some icon jackets have those... seems like something they would market.

#7 ·
I went down around 70 - 80mph on the interstate with a leather jacket that had no way to attach to my belt loops. I had 0 road rash or injuries of that sort anywhere on my upper half. It was an Icon jacket, and it worked perfectly. In fact the wreck barely burnt a hole in the jacket, one maybe the size of a quarter on my elbow.

I wouldn't worry about the jacket riding up in a wreck as long as it fits properly. It should be snug on your body and really shouldn't move around at all.

#8 ·
Mine rode up no more than two or three inches above the belt line

#9 ·
Ur jacket should fit like a 2nd layer of skin. Therfore it will cut thru wind w/o resistance & stay put N event of a crash.
Anutha alternative , wear a back protector under jacket.

#10 ·
Good stuff, thats what I was really looking for stories of people whove been there done that and can tell me if it moves or not. The size isnt a question, it fits perfect and snug so no worries

#11 ·
if it zips it fits. I have my GMX motion jacket pretty snug so in an accident it wont ride up. I crashed last year at about 30mph and slid and it didn't ride up at all. didn't even wear all the way thru or bust a seam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.