Benefits of stainless cluth line? - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-03-2012, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Benefits of stainless cluth line?

Hi,What are the benefits of having a stainless steel clutch line? Are they worth it from a performance point of view? Thanks,Steve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Ex-Everything

Looks only.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
post #3 of 6 Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Lifetime Premium

Although I do agree with TheX, there are others that say that they can feel the difference. The braking will be more of a solid feel. Being on the street I couldn't tell any real difference but at that time I change levers, lines, and pads so there was a different feel. Mine is for looks though.

2006 Red 1000rr
2006 Black 1000rr (CRASHED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Man Law: Thou must use the search feature when appropriate so thou does not get flamed.

Quote:
To better understand the coarse, belt-sander nature of asphalt at speed, simply apply an unprotected hand to the freeway’s surface the next time you’re the passenger in a car. If you’re unwilling to do this, how do you justify riding a motorcycle without protection?
post #4 of 6 Old 11-03-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr3015 View Post
The braking will be more of a solid feel.
OP asked about clutch, not brakes.

Charlie, We don't want tuna with good taste. We want tuna that tastes good, smells good and puts out.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by d207gp View Post
OP asked about clutch, not brakes.
Shit, not enough coffee or maybe just aint paying attention. Thanks for the correction.

Now since I was corrected I will retract my statement and say I got them to match my brake lines.

2006 Red 1000rr
2006 Black 1000rr (CRASHED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Man Law: Thou must use the search feature when appropriate so thou does not get flamed.

Quote:
To better understand the coarse, belt-sander nature of asphalt at speed, simply apply an unprotected hand to the freeway’s surface the next time you’re the passenger in a car. If you’re unwilling to do this, how do you justify riding a motorcycle without protection?
post #6 of 6 Old 11-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr3015 View Post
Shit, not enough coffee or maybe just aint paying attention. Thanks for the correction.

Now since I was corrected I will retract my statement and say I got them to match my brake lines.
Lol no problem. I've read opinions ranging from no change, to a lighter feel at the lever since more force generated at the MC goes towards activating the clutch instead of expanding the line, however slightly. That said, I've seen some bikes with hydraulically actuated clutches incorporate sections of rigid steel piping (similar to a car) in areas where flex isn't an issue.

Charlie, We don't want tuna with good taste. We want tuna that tastes good, smells good and puts out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page