Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PROJECTORS WITH HALOS

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  donky6 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting some HID projectors with halos and was wondering for those of you who have done them, did you have to modify the headlight case and cut a big hole for them to fit?

do they make projectors in different sizes?

#2 ·
Most people use mini h1 projectors because they are small and can fit into small housings. Bkmoto is an h1 projector for example. Bkmoto you don't have to cut the housing. The only part that gets cut is the cover behind the bulb. If you decide to use a different kind of projector then you might have to make a mounting plate that fits in the headlight housing of the blade.
My headlights don't look like this any more though.

Here's one I tried to make but had problems with the mounting plate shaking in the housing. Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Automotive fog light

Design Hand Wood Wing Illustration

This is the plate I made (before it was sanded and painted)

Camera Electronics Cameras & optics

Finished product
Automotive lighting Auto part Headlamp Vehicle

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Automotive exterior Vehicle

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
if you need any help or tips or you even might want someone to do the work for you let me know ..

instagram.com/automotiveoptics

facebook.com/automotiveoptics

i do a lot of custom color and rgb led stuff .. i also can supply you with any of the parts to do the work . most people use morimoto mini h1's . they are the easiest to use to convert and there also very nice lights as far as output and the bi xenon function .. hit me up if you want someone to do them or even if you are just looking for the right parts to do the work for yourself .. i can beat any prices you can find on the net ..

Corey ( 443 987 8922 ) check out my work and hit me up if you need anything ..
Checked out both of your lighting pages on FB. Good work fellas! I'm sure one day I'll come calling. Any of you around Ohio?

#5 ·
if you need any help or tips or you even might want someone to do the work for you let me know ..

instagram.com/automotiveoptics

facebook.com/automotiveoptics

i do a lot of custom color and rgb led stuff .. i also can supply you with any of the parts to do the work . most people use morimoto mini h1's . they are the easiest to use to convert and there also very nice lights as far as output and the bi xenon function .. hit me up if you want someone to do them or even if you are just looking for the right parts to do the work for yourself .. i can beat any prices you can find on the net ..

Corey ( 443 987 8922 ) check out my work and hit me up if you need anything ..

#9 ·
Go with bkmoto, awesome customer service and support, he'll walk you through everything, STAY AWAY FROM KTAUTO!!! Done both kits and bkmoto was the best, I had a projector from kt auto mess up and they played the email game for a month and I still didn't get anywhere, order 2 switches if you go with bkmoto so you can turn your hid's off and just run accessories or vice versa. Hope this helps.pm me if you need help no charge lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.