HISS new spare key programming coding - here is how to do it !!
I tried for a few days trying to find how to do this but only got a threads pretty much guessing on how this might be done (i.e. hold an uncoded key next to HISS unit and turn it on with existing key - does not work!!) also some copied paragraphs out of the haynes manual which still did not actually say how its done so here we go:
This is specific for the CBR1000RR 06 but should work with all HISS bikes - you just need to find the crank shaft position indicator plug - thats the red one I talk about further down.
1. you MUST have a working key - if not you need a new ECU / keys - damn! Your new key needs to have a chip in it - it is under the shiny honda sticker on your new key - this can be peeled back so you can check.
2. you need to make up a very simple wire/resistor harness. This will save you about 90 UK pounds!! Get a 1K ohm resistor and 1m of wire. Put the resistor in line on the wire you will use as positive. Get two crocodile clips and attach these to each wire. See later with what i mean by yellow and blue/white wires.
here is a very simple diagram:
clip +ve --------1Kresistor--------------> to the yellow wire
clip -ve ----------------------------------> to the blue/white wire
3. Remove the right mid fairing
4. There is a bank of 4 plastic connectors - unplug the first (red) connector
5. Attach the +ve wire on your home made wire to the yellow wires pin inside the socket some how - i just stripped the wire and carefully plugged it in
6. Attach the -ve wire to the blue/white one in the same way - make sure they are not touching each other in the plug but of course are touching the pins.
7. attach the clips to the positive terminal and to the negative terminal
8. Put the WORKING key into ignition and turn on
9. The HISS LED will come on and stay on
10. Disconnect the positive clip from the battery - HISS LED stays on
11. wait 2 or more seconds - the HISS LED should start flashing four times and repeat this pattern
12. Turn off ignition and remove key
13. Insert your new key - a pattern of four flashes of the LED means the key has coded!
14. Insert your other new keys up to 4 in total and wait for the four flashes (i have heard thats all you can do)
15. You are all done! sweet! Let me know if it helped you out.
NOTE: This method for some reason did not work for me on the first 4 or 5 goes then it all of a sudden worked - i don't know why but it did work in the end so don't give up if it don't work first time.
Last edited by pureguava; 05-28-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Reason: made it clearer