Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reduce Throttle tension

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  03SlowZ06 
#1 ·
After riding my BMW S1000rr, the CBR throttle feels way too hard to turn than is optimal. The main place this bugs me is cracking back on the throttle at turn apexes where I want to be really smooth. It seems like the tension makes it hard to open it as smoothly as I can on the BMW. Fyi, I'm running the motion pro rev2 throttle with the progressive wheel and freshly lubed cables. Has anyone tried putting a lighter spring on the throttle bodies?

#5 ·
I did adjust all the slack out and it helped a bit. It's not just turning the butterflies though. You can feel the spring pulling back quite a bit. Seems like it would help to reduce the spring

#7 ·
I've been studying pictures and it appears there are two springs, one on each side. It should be fairly easy to unhook one end of one spring which would cut the spring tension in half. I'm going to give it a shot.

#9 ·
Maybe, Ill see for sure when I pull it apart. I'm not sure why one would be helping open the throttle though? That's what the wrist is for, and the return cable is only for safety? I may be wrong.

#10 ·
I'm just getting back into track riding and getting the CBR ready for some track days. Just riding around the block, damn that throttle feels stiff compared to the Bmw. I'm back to thinking about pulling it apart and have a look at the spring. Anyone tried this or have some knowledge to share?

#11 ·
I have been using cable lubers for years like ones available from Motion pro, just remember to use light oils like WD40 and not chain lube and you'll be fine. I would recommend putting a cloths at the other end to catch the lube from running all over your bike. Also not a bad idea to lube the clutch cable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.