Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brembo M4 monoblocks

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  neocryte 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought M4's and brembo disks, I'm trying to fit them to oem forks but with the spacer but they sit too far out, do I remove the spacer, is there meant to be replacement spacers, instructions are shit, dont say anything about spacers or guids. I just get four bolt in the kit?
Bought from Hard racing, can any one help

#2 ·
I fitted the calipers by removing the spacers tightening after brakes were bled and brakes applied.
Disks don't seem to track in the middle of the disk, about half a millimeter out side center.
Anyone have any ideas.

Attachments

#4 ·
Could be a number of things. Some rotors may require axial spacing from the wheel, more than likely just need to push the pistons back into the caliper, reinstall, loosen the axle, pinch bolts on the fork, and apply pressure at the brake lever before tightening everything down. Arguably, this would best center the wheel and torque down the pinch bolts and caliper bolts before torquing the axle nut, see if that helps.

#6 ·
Thanks for your replies, I put the wheel in backwards!!!!!
Turned it around und and now tracks properly.
And I can say the brakes are amazing.
The reason for the brakes, I weigh 130kg so hauling up all that weight takes some serious stoppers and no I have them.
No more being carved up on corner entry as I don't need to brake 1/2 a mile before everyone else.
Brembo RC19
Goodrich lines
Brembo disks
Brembo M4 34 calipers
The fat bastard can now stop

#7 ·
Gorgeous (albeit heavy) calipers!! Nice you got it figured out. For street riding though, the stock calipers do the job just fine - you can upgrade the MC for better feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.