Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

New to 1000RR.net

667 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  drilla2212 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! Just picked up a '12 CBR1000RR and looking forward to playing with it. Thanks for the add!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
What issues are you having? Most people go -1/+2 when it comes to changing sprockets.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#6 ·
When I'm on throttle & coming off throttle it has a wobble/hop to it. Both forks, frame and swingarm have already been checked...perfectly straight. Also both wheels are straight (not warped/damaged). Could my sprockets/chain cause this or could it be my rear hub bearing? I'd like to just add some bottom end torque to it by going from a 41T to maybe a 48T...or should I go bigger on rear sprkt?

#7 ·
I'd doubt a chain or sprockets would do that now have you checked the condition of them both? I'm not too sure about the wobble/hop. As for sprockets most usually only go up 2 in the rear, never heard of +8 unless you're stunting.... I'm at a 44t rear which is 2 up from stock and I feel it's a perfect. I guess you could try multiple rear sprockets but I wouldn't recommend a 48t.

#8 ·
Ok thanks. I'll try the 44T. I'm using a 520/114 link rt now. Shouldn't I go up a couple links because of the larger dia sprkt? Maybe a 520/116? And yes...both of my sprockets are shot. Worn out! I have an ex AMA Team bike from '04 so I'm not really sure what all kinds of hell it's been through to be honest, but was only used 2 seasons and then parked for 10yrs. We got it back street ready bc my 954 is still being converted from track to street.

#9 ·
Not sure how many links I used on mine with a 15t front and a 44t rear. I know if you buy a 520/120 links you have to chop some off. But it all depends oh what sprockets you go with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.