Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

New 20th anniversary edition owner :D

3K views 41 replies 15 participants last post by  PuffTheMagic 
#1 ·
Just picked up this sexy girl today:

This is my first sport bike. I was previously riding around on a '82 CM 450. What a change going from a bike that barely do the ton in 5th gear to something that can do the ton in 1st. Stalled it a few times on the ride home but other than that is was smooth sailing. Can't wait to get some serious time on this beast. Apparently the previous owner bought this new from the dealer and before even picking it up had a bunch of work done to it (including engine internals apparently). It's gonna take me a while to figure out everything that has been done to this.

See less See more
#17 ·
That is certainly a good suggestion. When I bought the bike a month ago, the rear tire was not new and the middle was pretty flat. Not sure how the previous owner rode the bike or if he was doing burnouts, nor do I know how much of this damage was my fault. You can be sure I will be paying attention to my wear patterns (and tire pressure) on my next set of rubber.

#19 ·
Love that exterior scheme.

Sucks to see lots of life on the the majority of the sides of the tires BUT going out on you on the middle section. +1 with what @capt.america on the possibility of lots of prior straight line cruising with those tires on hand... I thought these sport bikes were made for cornering? LoL.

#27 ·
I found this online from another forum, hope this helps answer your question.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#31 ·
Hey many miles are on your CBR?

#38 ·
What tires now?

#41 ·
holy shit, just went for my first ride with the new tires, going with the 190/55's over the 190/55's was the best decision ever, the handling is SOOO much better, it used to feel like I had to really muscle it to get the bike to lean, now its a leaning machine
If you went from a flat tire to a new one you would notice a difference and did you mean to say the same tire size?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.