Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Which brand oil Filter?

39K views 191 replies 66 participants last post by  whitarnold 
#1 ·
Hi,

Another newbie here:th_salute: Just wanted to see what brand oil filters people are using. I have a new 08 and Im ready for my first oil change. I will be replacing the oil with 10W-40 Mobil 1. Thanks in advance...:thumbsup:

Michael

#6 ·
Used stock filters for the first 13000 miles...finally got around to purchasing the Mobil M1-108; trying it now. Have read several good reviews.

#12 ·
OEM filters. they developed them for a reason in my opinion. i do use respol oil now though, instead of honda. first two changes were honda, gn$, then HP4 now repsol full syn.

#14 ·
I use K&N becuase it's easy to get on and off with a socket. Otherwise I would use Purolator Pure 1 which was rated just behind Mobil 1 but for 1/2 the cost. K&N was usualy rated third since it doesn't have as small a micron filter.

#43 ·
Purolator PURE ONE filters are awesome, but not for our bikes. The bypass valve is too high of a PSI rating. The Mobil 1 M1-108 is very close to stock on the bypass rating, but filters at a very high efficiency rating and is what I've used for 12K miles.

I did A LOT of research before making this decision. And BTW, the Honda OEM filters are farmed out to the cheapest bidder each year from the research I found back in 2005.

I do use the Purolator Pure One's on ALL my autos though.

#15 ·
i've been using the m1-108 filters for about 3 years. i just bought an m1-110 for the '08 to see if it fits. it's slightly larger, so it has more capacity and more filter element

#18 ·
Absolutely wrong- the filter has to be made for bikes. If it is not, like the Mobil M108, for example, the engine warranty is null and void. That is not covered under the Magnusson Moss act as it is considered willful neglect on the part of the owner, using a car filter on a bike.

#19 ·
Amsoil - oil and filter.

Reactions: AS Designed
#26 ·
The after market products have been contested before but car filter neglect sounds like a loophole but if it states it in the warranty fine print then it's solid. I've never found motorcycle filters at auto parts stores. Are you guys that are getting the filters at the auto part stores getting car filters?

Can you guys post which after market companies make a motorcycle filter for out bike? ...and where you got it. I've only seen K&N at the cycle stores.

K&N = Part # KN-204
Amsoil = Part # EAOM103
Mobil 1 - No
Purolator Pure 1 ?

#32 ·
my warranty has expired so i am going with what i perceive to be the best value. purolator PUR1 14612. available most places,full synthetic filltration medium and silicon seals and 1/2 the price of the oem one from the dealer.bypass pressure psi higher than stock,but if your hitting bypass,you already have issues. just my personal choice.if you think your motor is gonna blow up under warranty,stick with a stock one. :)

#33 ·
Purolator Pure 1 14612. :)
Is this a car filter or motorcycle as I can not find any Purolator motorcycle filter for any Honda newer then the 959?

#170 ·
+1. I have also used Rotella T-Syntec on my ZZR600, ZX-6R, and everything worked perfect. Besides, it has more additives than most anything else due to heavy duty use it is designed for. I will use it on my new '08 1000RR as soon as I make 300-600 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.