061Krr Suspension- Spend my Money - Page 3 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #21 of 24 Old 02-17-2017, 08:50 AM
Bosarge22
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83014Joe View Post
Who is Lord Duck Hunter and who cares what he recommended?
That is funny. May you never receive the wrath. lol

You may want to go back to the very first posts ever on this site (2003 2004), or garner a little knowledge from over 10k of laps at Barber, or talk to Dan Kyle about the crazy bastard. Visit Rogue racing and you get a little idea of the thousands of hours he has put in to bike development, a lot of it on CBR's.

Move You Ass!

Last edited by Bosarge22; 02-17-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 02-17-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Jaybird180

I just got off the phone with GP Suspensions and I'm waiting on a quote based on that conversation.

They recommended a Penske rear shock with adjustable ride height. Although I understand that the bike may need a geometry change, I can't say why most riders would need to change that geometry from environment to environment; I'm somewhat a set it and forget it kinda guy (once I get it how I like). However for my dual street/trackday use, I can see how this may come in handy.

I don't see however a need to raise both ends of the motorcycle...at least at my level of riding. I can see how too much can be dangerous and get the rider over the edge of the tirewall.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll somehow end up with adjustable triple clamps in my future with this bike. But, I digress...

-2006 CBR1000RR- Jardine RT-1 CF, GP Shift rearsets, color matched levers (more upgrades in progress)
-2013 CBR250R-ABS (Hers and now SOLD)
-2002 CBR600F4i (Track/Street) (was mine and now hers)
ZG Dbl Bbl, Galfer SS Lines, PC3r, Muzzy s/o, K&N air filter, NRC stator cover, ShiftMinder(WTF?), Fireblade brakes, fenderless, Gold Rearsets, undercut gears, Factory Pro Shift Kit
Ohlins, Racetech, Showa custom Suspension
Because 12,000 RPM makes me feel better
post #23 of 24 Old 02-17-2017, 06:50 PM
Apiblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird180 View Post
I just got off the phone with GP Suspensions and I'm waiting on a quote based on that conversation.

They recommended a Penske rear shock with adjustable ride height. Although I understand that the bike may need a geometry change, I can't say why most riders would need to change that geometry from environment to environment; I'm somewhat a set it and forget it kinda guy (once I get it how I like). However for my dual street/trackday use, I can see how this may come in handy.

I don't see however a need to raise both ends of the motorcycle...at least at my level of riding. I can see how too much can be dangerous and get the rider over the edge of the tirewall.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll somehow end up with adjustable triple clamps in my future with this bike. But, I digress...

Can I ask what level you ride (trackday)?

post #24 of 24 Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Jaybird180

7 years away from the track, 5 years of minimal riding and a new literbike...might be awhile before I'm out of the "C" group. I've got 4 days at a school scheduled this year. I will probably book 2-4 trackdays and see if I can at least get up to "B" level by year's end.

-2006 CBR1000RR- Jardine RT-1 CF, GP Shift rearsets, color matched levers (more upgrades in progress)
-2013 CBR250R-ABS (Hers and now SOLD)
-2002 CBR600F4i (Track/Street) (was mine and now hers)
ZG Dbl Bbl, Galfer SS Lines, PC3r, Muzzy s/o, K&N air filter, NRC stator cover, ShiftMinder(WTF?), Fireblade brakes, fenderless, Gold Rearsets, undercut gears, Factory Pro Shift Kit
Ohlins, Racetech, Showa custom Suspension
Because 12,000 RPM makes me feel better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page