Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Headlight Upgrade - hiding LED Drivers

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ann11 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

Just bought and am in the middle of fitting a new set of hid lights with angel eyes etc. There are the usual ballasts and drivers for the HID but there are also 3 LED drivers for the inbuilt indicator LEDs, angel lights and devil eyes. The issue is that the wiring that came with it is not that long and we are struggling to work out where we can fit them without interfering with the steering.

Have any of you got ideas of where they can be fitted. There are about 6 wires coming out of each driver, so cutting and moving them to under the rear seat would be a last resort!

Any help greatly appreciated!

This is the kit.

My bike is a 2014 blade.

Thx

Jon

#3 ·
You have to do the flapper mod and remove the vacuum chamber to get everything to fit but it worked well and I like the look and the parts.

The disadvantage is that the headlights are clearly not completely water tight, on a wet day moisture is visible; the back of the headlights comes out further than is ideal (i.e. the suspension just bends the wire slightly on full lock (which I only really use when engaging the steering lock).

Other than that everything worked out fine and the lights are bright as anything.

#6 · (Edited)
Yes, definitely You have to do the flapper mod and remove the vacuum chamber. He's right, but if you can't do it, it's just cut and then join. But the risk is very high. In my situation, it was also necessary to connect the backlight. But not the headlights. And there was nowhere to hide the led driver. The guys from the store where I bought the led strip and driver helped me and connected everything so that nothing extra was visible. So try it, you will succeed! Or ask for help here https://www.ukled.co.uk/led-drivers.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.