1000RR synthetic oil change - once a year - Page 5 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #41 of 46 Old 01-26-2017, 12:35 PM
thehun

^^^^ Rotella T 5w-40 Syntethic is JASO-MA certified....meaning it is good to go with wet clutch and many have proven it to be a solid choice.

I personally use Motul 300V or Castrol Power1 in my Fireblade but have used Rotella T in all of my other bikes with ZERO issues...the newest Rotella T Synthetic formula is looking very solid too.

2008 CBR1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 Old 01-26-2017, 12:43 PM
trachito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
The link by the OP shows a heavy duty diesel engine oil. Is this the right link? lol http://www.amazon.com/Shell-Rotella-...rds=rotella+t6.

Why do you guys use this in your bikes when it says Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil right on the front? How do you know its the right type? I mean, if it works it works. But I am just curious, why this oil? It is not even motorcycle oil. Its for use in diesel engines.
I just went with what's used by a lot of people who have sport bikes with high miles. i didn't do a chemical composition study on it or anything. I've used it for 10's of thousands of miles on various bikes and never had an engine blow. I started using it before it had the JASO-MA tag on it. Those certifications mean nothing to me if something has been used by various people, across various applications, and has been proven to work.

2006 CBR 1000RR
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
post #43 of 46 Old 01-26-2017, 01:54 PM
SolidSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by trachito View Post
I just went with what's used by a lot of people who have sport bikes with high miles. i didn't do a chemical composition study on it or anything. I've used it for 10's of thousands of miles on various bikes and never had an engine blow. I started using it before it had the JASO-MA tag on it. Those certifications mean nothing to me if something has been used by various people, across various applications, and has been proven to work.
Thanks! I don't have high miles on my bike ~ about 5000, but I will be picking some of this stuff up today.
Advanced auto parts carries it, and its cheaper than the amazon price.

post #44 of 46 Old 01-26-2017, 02:30 PM
trachito

Home Depot sells it the cheapest in my area. Then Walmart, then the auto stores.

2006 CBR 1000RR
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
post #45 of 46 Old 03-30-2017, 06:16 AM
hoondaa

A lot of useful information, thanks a lot
post #46 of 46 Old 03-30-2017, 10:00 AM
chrispy_pata

Rotella is awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page