Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2007 Fork Springs...Progressive?

4K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  Jaybird180 
#1 ·
Before anyone starts throwing hatchets, I searched but am wondering if the stock front fork springs are progressive like the 929 and 954? The guy I bought the bike from said it had Ohlins cartridges. I was surprised and p*ss^$ to find stock Showa internals when I recently cracked them open. I'm not sure if the springs are stock and I know the fluid wasn't because it wasn't the normal red Pro Honda stuff.

#3 ·
Post some pics of the springs and the valves. Probably an Ohlins 20mm Kit instead of a Cartridge Kit. Cartridge Kits will have their own style of Fork Cap which is different than the OEM cap.

If they are Ohlins springs they will have part#'s or hash marks on one end.

#15 ·
With exception of not getting the Ohlins cartridges your thought were in the forks, any other issues? Maybe the seller wasn't the original builder and was told it had Ohlins when he got it. Maybe he paid for parts that he didn't receive. Maybe.....you can call him!

#21 ·
I'd have an issue with the sellers deception. But that can only be ascertained after a conversation.

There is an old saying that's usually quoted in Latin but I'm not going to bother to look it up that translated it means "buyer beware".

PS- I too wish I'd negotiated about $500 off on my recent Fireblade purchase in July 2016. But once the check has cleared its done.

#24 ·
Yes Jaybird, the seller contacted the previous owner and he had pulled off the original forks w/Ohlins cartridges and installed the 04/05 forks. The seller I bought it from was under the impression they were in there still. He acted in good faith though and returned $500 from the selling price for the unintentional mischaracterization of the bike. I've since bought some good used 06/07 forks and am planning to buy Ohlins cartridges once I get back from a military deployment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.