Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

CBR 600 vs R6

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  01wj 
#1 ·
I currently ride / race at the track an 09 R6 and a 12 R6. I've kind of been toying with the idea of getting rid of one of them and possibly getting a 600RR for track use also just to switch things up a bit. Honestly, the R6 does just fine, but I guess I'm just kind of looking for a change. Any input from anyone whose ridden both at the track?

#3 ·
I've owned and ridden both. 2005 600RR and my current ride 2009 R6. I realize I'm comparing different generations, but the R6 is just a more exciting machine on the track.

The CBR was super smooth and refined. The R6 is a screamer. That engine is amazing. Agility, I'd also give it to the R6 especially in initial turn in. The CBR felt a bit more stable through the turns.

I don't think it's worth the switch. I'd say either try a liter bike out there if your track is big enough or stick with what you have.

#5 ·
Yeah I was out at the track the other day and saw a bunch of 600RRs out there. I spoke with the guy pitted next to me and he let me sit on his and it seemed a little more "comfortable" than the R6, but then again that's not one of the higher priorities for track riding I guess lol, maybe street cruising. I honestly was thinking about it also and don't think it really makes sense to get rid of my R6's and build another bike, especially since I was looking at this "stockpile" of spare parts I have laying around for the Yamahas also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.