Anyone running michelin power supersport evo or power cup evo? - Page 4 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #31 of 37 Old 03-26-2016, 10:27 PM
ND2507g35xs

Garage
Can any of u guys and gals tell me if the mirrors from an 08-09 work and fit an 06 (all cbr1000rr)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 05-11-2016, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
JDB636

Figured I'd report back on this topic, I ended up going with the Michelin power super sport evo tires. I've only been able to get out on the bike once so far this season but I can say that I love the tires. I can tell that they'll probably wear a lot quicker than the 2CTs that I used to use but the fall in, feel, and grip is really nice. I had great confidence going up and down the back side of high point mountain in NJ. I actually had to tell myself to calm down a few times as I was reaching to get a knee down while only wearing my icon denim riding pants and didn't want to leave my knee caps on Route 23. I guess it's time to "suit up" I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow after work and get some more seat time in on the back roads in my area, one of NJs best kept secrets of you like turns.
post #33 of 37 Old 08-31-2016, 03:46 PM
cbr-cowboy

any update on these tires? how they ran, would you buy them again? did you suit up and hit the track?

on my steal horse i ride...
2013 CBR1000RR, 11769 Miles

post #34 of 37 Old 09-02-2016, 09:16 AM
nytrozula

Garage
I am very interested in doing a track day but was really curious of how the attitudes of the more experienced riders were to the novice riders. I really don't feel like going to get humiliated or feel like I am slowing people down. I live in the Chicagoland area. Is anyone familiar with a track our here? I really enjoy the sport bikes but refuse to try to take advantage of their capabilities on the street for obvious reasons. Besides that, I'm almost 50 and I think this is a mid life crisis thing! Any other novice riders my age do this?
post #35 of 37 Old 09-02-2016, 11:09 AM
LDH
Lifetime Premium

Any real Trackday Provider will have multiple groups for difference skill levels usually Advanced, Intermediate and Novice. Many also have a Novice School offered free of charge and in some cases mandatory which is a HUGE benefit to new riders.

As long as you sign up for the proper class then it's never going to be a problem. Problems occur when some douche with a chip on his shoulder thinks he is fast because he passes everyone else on his Sunday morning group rides by taking more risks (passing on double yellow lines, or super highspeed in the straights etc) all of the sudden signs up for the Advanced Group instead of the Novice Group for his first event. At that point you might find some hostility from other riders. Outside of that you will find most trackday participants are very enthusiastic with new riders and eager to help them learn the ropes.
post #36 of 37 Old 09-03-2016, 01:16 PM
cbrchris99

Garage
Just my experience. Ive only done days with tpm and tonys. Track days are awsome. People are chill and like said before there are different groups for different experience levels. All the control riders were helpful...they'd take time to answer questions and do their best to shadow and give pointers. Just go have fun!!! I actually like being in the slowest group. I always can find a spot where I'm basically alone and I don't feel like I have to go break neck speeds the whole time. I hope to be going back to the track in the near future.
post #37 of 37 Old 10-03-2016, 02:31 PM
MotoMott

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrozula View Post
I am very interested in doing a track day but was really curious of how the attitudes of the more experienced riders were to the novice riders. I really don't feel like going to get humiliated or feel like I am slowing people down. I live in the Chicagoland area. Is anyone familiar with a track our here? I really enjoy the sport bikes but refuse to try to take advantage of their capabilities on the street for obvious reasons. Besides that, I'm almost 50 and I think this is a mid life crisis thing! Any other novice riders my age do this?
You'll be absolutely fine, plenty of guys your age frequent the tracks near you (Autobahn) and the organizations around here like MTD & Sportbike Track Time have very structured and guided courses for Novice riders. You'll be in a Novice group anyways with other beginners and the coaches do a great job of keeping the hot-heads in order and doing one-on-one teaching. I run upper Advanced pace and the only thing we look for is that your lines are clean, smooth, and predictable - it's not based on lap times, but rather how safe you are to ride with other people and are ok with people passing you closely.

Regarding the tires, I have tried both and the Cup Evo's are a phenomenally better tire but it is a race compound tire, won't last nearly as long, and you really have to be running a fast pace to get the benefits of them. The Supersports are great and will accommodate pretty much any rider, last longer, have similar front end feel but don't grip nearly as much. They are still more than capable for fast laps in Advanced group at most tracks, it will just be a little squirrelly exiting corners hard and front end grip under braking will be limited. If you're upper Intermediate group with tire warmers, then you'll benefit from the Cups; if you don't have warmers and ride them on the street, then get the Supersports. If you want to improve lap times, then the rule of thumb I've always heard is if you're 10-15 seconds off the lap record, then you'll probably benefit from making the switch to Cups. Otherwise you aren't near the pace to benefit from stickier tires and have other areas to work on improving lap times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page