Best street tires for daily commute? - Page 7 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #61 of 67 Old 12-06-2016, 10:52 AM
itsrichierich
#Vietnam

Didn't read through the whole thread, but I have 2 sets to recommend.

First and my favorite, and benefits those who live in areas that can ride year round and dryer conditions, Pirelli Angel GTs. I rode them year round during commutes, canyon riding and even a B group track day. They held up great! Honestly, nothing bad to say about them.

Second, which these benefits the folks who ride in the rain, are the Michelin Pilot Power 4s. Great commute tires, even better tires for riding in the rain. I did some canyon riding with them, they held up fine, but I didn't push them as much as I did with the Pirellis.

Both tires are great tires, can't go wrong with either.

"A successful man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 12-06-2016, 05:02 PM
mrstott

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrichierich View Post
Didn't read through the whole thread, but I have 2 sets to recommend.

First and my favorite, and benefits those who live in areas that can ride year round and dryer conditions, Pirelli Angel GTs. I rode them year round during commutes, canyon riding and even a B group track day. They held up great! Honestly, nothing bad to say about them.

Second, which these benefits the folks who ride in the rain, are the Michelin Pilot Power 4s. Great commute tires, even better tires for riding in the rain. I did some canyon riding with them, they held up fine, but I didn't push them as much as I did with the Pirellis.

Both tires are great tires, can't go wrong with either.
Did you ride the Pirelli Angel GT's in any wet conditions? I typically use the Michelin 2ct but I think it's time for an upgrade.

Last edited by mrstott; 12-06-2016 at 05:17 PM.
post #63 of 67 Old 12-13-2016, 12:34 AM
01wj

I still vote for Q3s, but after taking a couple bikes out on various brands of street tires the other day, I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of them. It's probably more important to just make sure they aren't old as hell or stored outside in blazing sun for the past year, although I'm still kind of partial to the Q3s, I don't think any of them will serve you poorly.

post #64 of 67 Old 12-26-2016, 08:19 PM
MonacoGP
Flying Fossil

post #65 of 67 Old 01-26-2017, 11:15 AM
itsrichierich
#Vietnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstott View Post
Did you ride the Pirelli Angel GT's in any wet conditions? I typically use the Michelin 2ct but I think it's time for an upgrade.
Yes I did. They worked just fine as long as you aren't "pushing" them. But with the Pilot Road 4s, you can push the tires in the rain and you can just feel that they grip. Overall, I like the Angel GTs just because it's sunny 90% of the year for us in California.

"A successful man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
post #66 of 67 Old 03-12-2017, 11:37 PM
traap

So when i purchased my cbr last season from the dealer, they only put a new front tire on the bike for me (shinko 005 advace). And the rear tire is a Pirelli angel gt. The problem i have is the rear tire, has a flat spot in the middle. like the previous owner was running it low on psi or just drove in a straight line. It still has plenty of tread left, but a flat spot in the center
So im looking to buy the q3s front and rear, hoping it will give me more confidence in turns. Im on the boarder line of - should i wait till the Pirelli's have no tread left, then buy the q3s?? Or just buy them and toss the tires i have on now because of the tire combo?

The Shinko only has about 1800 miles on it too.

I ride to work and school easy, But i like to ride hard with my friends on the weekends/nights. And would like to have the increased grip with the q3s.

07 cbr1k
post #67 of 67 Old 03-13-2017, 04:01 AM
trachito

I replace tires when they have flat centers. The comfort in turning is worth tossing the tires. If money is an issue then I say wait and only replace something when you need to, which in this case could be safety if you think you're going to push your current tires.

If you're not pushing your bike's capabilities, and if your front tire is in good shape, it's unlikely you're front end will wash out and you can probably keep the front for now. Your call.

A good set of new tires sure feels good, though.

2006 CBR 1000RR
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
2015 Honda CB500X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page