Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Help Please!?2004 1000RR Outer Clutch Basket Movement?

7K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  NinjaBlade 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Honda lovers , i have an 04 1000RR and since i bought it this year i heard a rattling noise , people told me it's the clutch so i took it apart till the point where i got to the outer clutch basket. the outer clutch basket has a slight movement... i don't know if it's normal or not... i took a video of it, here it is:

Any help would be very appreciated!
Thank you!

#2 ·
Hello and welcome. Do you have a video of the noise. That kind of movement doesn't seem bad to me, but I have yet to work on the clutch of my bike. How many miles are on the bike?

#3 ·
Hello , thanks for the reply , the bike has 22397 miles on it. unfortunately i do not have a video of the noise :/ i do know for sure it makes noise no matter if the clutch lever is pulled or not but with the clutch lever pulled the rattle noise intensifies, my bike sounds like a ducati and not in a good way :/

#12 ·
Same exact thing I was wondering!! :surprise:

#17 ·
Sooo.. since i have the gearbox openend , i have the mainshaft out and the gear changer out, any tips for me on how to put everything back in easy? in the manual it says i need to preasemble everything on the bearing holder then put it back as a whole. any tips would be verry apreciated and helpfull , going to post pictures in the weekend with the progress :D thanks in advance :D

#18 ·
Hey, so i took the oil pan out today and i found the missing screw so i believe the bearing holder broke without anyone knowing. The 10mm box wrench and the washer i droped earlier in the oil pan. installed the new bearing holder with everyhing in place, new problem , gears won't shift and gear changer gets stuck, won't even move. i'll have to take everything out assemble them on the bearing holder then put them back as a whole in the engine as the service manual sugests. will tell you what's up after that.

Attachments

#19 ·
I remember something about a clip on the clutch side of the gear shifter spline rod (the splined rod that your shifter is bolted to.) If the clip wasn't positioned well then it would cause the shifter to not shift.

Good luck.

#20 ·
so today i took everything out of the gearbox , the problem was a shift fork. in the manual it tells you what the ID marks are on each shifting fork (3 of them, 2 Right Left both on the same axle and one Center on separate axle) and tells you to asemble them with the id marks up , meaning twords the engine with everything inside the engine case,so that's what i did. i took out all of the gearbox because i could not shift and the problem was in the manual.putting all the shift forks with the Identification mark twords the engine caused one of the shift forks to not allign properly on the shift drum thus gear shifting was not possible. so i had to put the shift fork(one of the Right-left ones)next to the bearing holder with the identification mark facing the bearing holder. problem solved it shifts like new :D all i got to do now is put back the clutch , oil pan ,exhaust, radiator and give it a try. will post an update when it's done.

#21 ·
Finished the bike , runs good as new. The only thing thatbi found is that on the air admision there's a flapper that permanently stays open but from time to time closes. Any idea why? Couldn't find anything in the manual and did not notice it doing that before i worked on the bike.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.