Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

removed rear footpegs last night much better!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  1krrphreaker 
#1 ·
bit of a pain thing the whole rear subframe off but nothing that a few hours of garage therapy couldn't fix lol

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
My 2 cents on this for someone who tries the same mod is that I didn't have to drop the tray but was able to bend out the subframe just enough to remove and add new bolts pictured. The soft OEM hex bolts were destroyed trying to get them out, huge PITA, so using these proper size metric bolts was soooo much easier to just wrench them in tight when I added my Sato street hooks on for transporting and occasional passenger.

Attachments

#9 ·
i had zero issues getting out the hex bolts on my 2015 , once i removed the sides its was easy .
now that I've had the subframe off and dropped its honestly not ever that bad.. like anything the first time is the hardest ..

the sats hooks I'm sure are great for those that may want to carry passengers from time to time ..
i however have zero need for passenger pegs ..

#15 ·
I have the satos on my 13 ABS because i do strap it in the back of my truck when taking out to willow springs for track days. But when i do freeway wheelies its handy to have the rear footpegs attached to the satos so i can get a really nice upward lift. (I am 6'8" tall and dont want to ruin my HRC solo rider cowl by stepping on it with my rear foot)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.