Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

New Member from Columbus O-H-I-O

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  zingpow 
#1 · (Edited)

Picked up first 1000RR, a 2007 with about 6K in upgrades with only 6,000 miles recently. Previously had a ZX-6,
600 F4, 929RR, and 954RR. Impressed with the handling and power of the 07 compared to my previous bikes, full Ohlins suspension definitely helps that equation. Anyways, hello to all and happy holidays.

See less See more
#10 ·
Those hideous cancerous growths were the first thing to go after these pics were taken when I first got the bike. It has integrated signals in the mirrors now with signal block off plates. The guy I bought it from had a awesome set of custom painted track plastics that it spent a large portion of it's life wearing so I think the signals weren't much of a concern to him. I was able to get him to throw in the plastics, I intend to post them here for sale and on ebay after I get a track day in at Mid Ohio this coming spring.

#13 ·
I couldn' pass it up at $6200 with all the following upgrades:
Full Ohlins suspension (Cartridges in fork), Ohlins Dampner, Dynojet quickshifter, Ignition Module, and PowerCommander III, full Arrow exhaust, Vortex adjustable rearsets, Galfer Wave brake rotors, aftermarket Clip-ons and levers, chain adjuster-slider, BMC race filters, integrated rear lights, and a Yoyodyne slipper clutch.

The guy that initially bought it used it to showcase his painting ability to get into the sportbike market in this area, hence the track plastics.

I wasn't in the market after getting rid of my 954 until I stumbled across it. The guy I bought it from had just bought a new Triumph 675 and wanted this bike to go to someone older/experienced that wouldn't destroy the bike so I lucked out.

Here's a youtube link of bike running: .

The Arrow is the throatiest exhaust I've ever had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.