Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Suspension Leak!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Long Chau 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a short term solution and I ran into sealmate. Has anyone actually use this product? According to the review on amazon it works.

#2 ·
I found 17 threads on Sealmate just now via the forum search. Look through some of those and see what others have to say. From what I remember reading in the past, they work pretty well. If you have any 35mm film negatives laying around you can cut a piece to the same shape as a Sealmate tool and it will do the same job for free.

#3 ·
I found 17 threads on Sealmate just now via the forum search. Look through some of those and see what others have to say. From what I remember reading in the past, they work pretty well. If you have any 35mm film negatives laying around you can cut a piece to the same shape as a Sealmate tool and it will do the same job for free.

https://youtu.be/8wlzfoVroSY
I forgot there was a search button silly me lol.

Thank you yeah I just ordered one and lets see if it helps.

#7 ·
Update: I ended up bending the sealmate. It doesn't work too well it bend like most you guys said. What I ended up doing was getting a 1gallon jug and cutting it in the same shape as the sealmate. Ended up being way more sturdy and it worked! There are no more leaks on both of my suspension. I kept checking up on it every day making sure my seal wasn't just shitting on me. It was just was just specks of dirt getting caught up behind the seal so for pretty much free you can do the same thing. But, If the problem continues then I would def go for a rebuild on the forks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.