Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

These headers with that Slip on? Good/Bad/Intrigued

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  AztecSezWhut 
#1 ·
Good afternoon all,

Has anyone ever attempted to pair a differing companies "Slip-On" exhaust with a differing companies set of headers?

For Example:
Arrow Steel headers w/ a Leo Vince, TwoBro's, M4, or even an Arrow GP?

Would any of you recommend this?

Thanks fellers

#2 ·
Sure you can do it, just need to custom tune after the installing.

#3 ·
Right as I would expect. I will try to figure out the performance differences to be gained/lost.

Slip needs a mid pipe where as the full uses a straight and the can of the GP2 is much shorter than the Indy-Race and even more so compared to he trophy can. The GP slip on has run out longer after "S" mid pipe where as the Indy and Trophy connect at the straight.

I just realized...over thinking my options and getting to picky for my own damn good. Many good systems out there and prob best if I just pick one!

Sounding like my kids now. Chocolate, or Vanilla.......wait, forgot about strawberry.....whoa, let me put them all together!

#4 ·
Yes 100% just pick one. The difference in power will be negligible at best so its really just looks. My bike came with a taylormade slip on, while not my favorite choice, it actually sounds really good and looks awesome.

#6 ·
+2. Capt america is dead on. Mine is a Leo Vince slip on with a nice tune and I've gotten 161 to the wheel at 4200 feet above sea level. Unless you get it super cheap it's really not worth it especially for a stock bike. You're better off spending your money on electronics or an ECU reflash. There are some nice electronics out there like the SP race unit. Quickshifter, Launch control and pit lane limiter... All just for that sweet spark cut off sound >:) Thats my plan anyway :grin2:

#7 ·
Just down to a choice now. The electronics have been purchased.

#10 ·
Ok, so if you guys had it to do all over again, What Exhaust would you buy Full and Slip?

Just a name "Giannelli" for example.

#12 ·
Ever since Sato Racing stopped making exhausts my preferences have migrated towards ARATA for higher end exhaust products, but then I don't mind spending money for the good shit... The ARATA Slip-on for the 08+ 1000RR offered 6Hp gains without tuning!

I use them on my ZX10 & RC51 currently as well

#14 ·
I mated an Arrow header with a Yosh R77 slip on and runs GREAT. Had the stock header with the Yosh slip on first and dyno tuned, then used a data logger to to really dial it in. Don't think that a dyno tune is a perfect tune regardless the hp. In the real world with the ram air from actually moving at 140 mph or whatever, plus temperature of a given day, plus the humidity of a given day, all changes your perfect dyno tune. Yes the ecu compensates to a degree but only to a degree. Sooo anyways, decided to mate an Arrow header to my Yosh slip on. Used the stainless S bend from the Yosh to make the midpipe needed a machine shop to do the welding. Had to go through the data logging process in the real world all over again but there is a BIG difference. The mid range starting from 4500 rpm to redline is way better but depends on the tune. I am flashing the ecu myself via Woolich Racing software. As for a dyno tune to see how much improvement, due to the expense and because I can FEEL the difference I don't care what the difference is. Bottom line was it worth it, ABSOLUTELY but it is a lot of work and time(fun)

#15 ·
I wanted tha Arata or the Leo Vince SBK Evo II but since I couldn't find the Arata like a previous post stated. The Leo SBK Evo II is not made anymore as well. I ended up getting the Arrow Indy Slip-on and I love it. I plan to get the Arrow Trophy can as well the change up the look sometimes.

#17 ·
Alright, alright, Exhaust is all done!

Yoshimura R-77 Full system has been ordered, and installed along with my Bazzaz components. Heading to Horsham to get it DynoMOM-MOM-MOM-MOM-Metered soon.

That new growl send chills down my back and boy does my wife HATE IT!!!

This thread was helpful as the site always has been. Thank you forum members for being considerate, respectful and very helpful.

My safety is my sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.