Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Bazzaz Z-bombs work on 2012 cbr1000rr?

37K views 68 replies 36 participants last post by  d1sturb3d119 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've bought a 12 cbr1000 and wonder if the Z-bomb will give it a few more ponies. Please let me know. Thank you very much.

#3 ·
you mean.. its a TPS tricker that tells the ECU the throttle isnt 100% open...

It doesn't calibrate the timing advance at all, it just tricks the ECU from reading on a different part of the already existing timing map.

splitting hairs perhaps, but it just feels misleading to say it actually changes the timing itself. Really it changes every map in the ECU, but it only has a large effect on timing since the 100% column is edited to meet the EPA noise standards.. and that test is run at 100% throttle.

#9 ·
yes u need it, then you need to tune the bazzaz to match up with the zbomb, youve got to change the fuel at some point. id have to search to find out exactly where, but maybe someone will chime in soon.

#30 ·
Couldn't agree with u more ! Had a issue where the bike was sputtering real bad !! Called bazzaz guy said u got a lap top , fixed in 15 min ! Even called a week later to follow up ! But I'm still in need of a good map for the Z-fi all I have running is the standard download off website and +7 80 -1000 thrt 10-1350 rpm..
Have bmc air filter , yosh r-77 slip on, bazzaz z-fi, Zbomb
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.