Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Best Bang for the Buck Pop-Up Canopy for Track Use

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  LA2SD 
#1 ·
To all you guys who do track days, or race, what would you all recommend? I'm looking for something that will hold up in windy conditions mostly, at a reasonable price (e.g. under $300).

#4 ·
^ Thanks for the heads up. I have some friends with memberships. Might have to hit somebody up.

We used the Harbor Freight ones. With the ubiquitous 20% off coupons they are pretty cheap. Note that they are 10x10, but that is the footprint - the legs are angled so the canopy is actually only 8x8. We always thought that was a con, but then there was a really windy day at the track and all they guys with ez-ups (straight legs) had theirs blown away. The angled legs helped ours stay put even though the ez-up brand ones were obviously a better product.

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-10-ft-popup-canopy-62897.html
Cool, I had no idea Harbor Freight had stuff like that. Those guys actually have some decent stuff. I might be picking up a press from them to do the front end on my C1500.

#3 ·
We used the Harbor Freight ones. With the ubiquitous 20% off coupons they are pretty cheap. Note that they are 10x10, but that is the footprint - the legs are angled so the canopy is actually only 8x8. We always thought that was a con, but then there was a really windy day at the track and all they guys with ez-ups (straight legs) had theirs blown away. The angled legs helped ours stay put even though the ez-up brand ones were obviously a better product.

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-10-ft-popup-canopy-62897.html

Attachments

#7 ·
Best advice for a canopy in the wind is to take it down. I would never buy an expensive canopy for the track sooner or later they all get ruined. Go to dicks when they have the eleven by eleven size on sale.
Thanks for chiming in guys. Taking it down is probably the best move when it's really windy out...still, it would be nice to have something that can kinda hold up. Alright, time to make it happen.

#6 ·
Best advice for a canopy in the wind is to take it down. I would never buy an expensive canopy for the track sooner or later they all get ruined. Go to dicks when they have the eleven by eleven size on sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.