Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

fireblade servo motor

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RCV 
#1 ·
hi guys,
i decided to disconnect the servo motor on my 11 fireblade to make it sound better.
After disconnecting servo motor cable, bike started fine couple of times(did not ride)

Next day tried to start but it wouldnt start. Like the engine cranks and it sound like burping when i crank motor.
can someone please explain what has happened and how can i fix it. I know its electronics related but cant figure out. I spun the motor in every direction after connecting cable. Still dont start.
Please help.
REgards and thanks,
New member.
rev 15

#2 ·
Disconnecting the exhaust flapper servo cable will not cause it to not start. It'll cause a fault code to pop up if you also disconnect the electrical plug to the servo motor but that will not cause it to not start, either. I believe it is code 34.

Did you accidentally flip the kill switch to the other position or something?

Here's a link to the factory service manual, complete with wiring diagrams and troubleshooting guides, that may help.

08-14 1000RR Service Manual

#4 ·
Thanks Tedbear and capt.america,
I connected everything back to stock assembly. The engine light was coming on when i switched on the kill switch. And it went away every time i switched it off. Then i decided to connect the cable to servo motor back to its previous(stock position). Then the light was gone.
After recharging the battery (because it was drained from continuous cranks), i switched off the kill switch and cranked because i could smell petrol from exhaust. I just guessed that it could be flooded. Then i opened throttle and cranked it. It finally started:).
I went for a quick ride if it runs fine. Everything back to normal.
Now the question is what should i do in order to eliminate servo and get a better sound from the stock exhaust. The ound from the stock pipe is awesome when motor operation is eliminated. Suggestions please.
Thanks again guys.

#5 ·
Glad to hear you got it running. You can disconnect the servo cable without it throwing a code as long as you do not also unplug the electrical connection from the servo motor and leave the pulley pointing in the home position. See pic below.

If you buy a servo motor eliminator you can also unplug and completely remove it without throwing a code. A guy here on the forum used to make and sell them for around $20 but that was 6-7 years ago. I think some companies sell them if you do a bit of searching.

The pic below shows how the notch for the cable needs to be oriented toward the rear of the bike after the cable has been detached in order for it to not throw a code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.