Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

The ALRDESIGN "Look at what I did to my bike" Thread!

4K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  David Man 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, considering that I purchased this bike almost brand new (picked it up with 760 miles) I figured I would start a build thread to log my progress with it. About a month ago, I made the decision to upgrade from my 2005 600RR and purchase a 2013 1000RR that I had found for sale locally. The only modification the previous owner did was install a Two Brothers Black Edition slip on.

While I do miss the 600 a little, the 1000 definitely puts a bigger smile on my face. :grin2:

So far I have done:
Akrapovic Slip-on exhaust
Zero Gravity double bubble wind screen
Motodynamic integrated tail light
ASV levers
Custom fabricated license plate bracket

Planned for the summer:
Projector headlight conversion/retro-fit
Spiegler brake lines
Rear solo cowl
Remove rear pegs and design/make my own street hooks (hopefully out of titanium)

The day I picked it up

Zero Gravity screen installed:

Akrapovic Slip-on installed (last Friday):

And a few randoms :smile: :

My gone but not forgotten 600RR:

See less See more
#9 ·
Over the past couple of weeks:

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires
Motodynamic integrated tail light
Fabricated the license plate bracket (still have to paint it)

If anyone is interested in the Yoshimura fender eliminator kit that I had installed on the bike previously, let me know!

I made myself a block-off plate to cover the 3 holes in the under tail; I'll probably paint that and install it later today. :smile:

#13 ·
Its funny looking at how much bigger the two bros canister is that came on yours than the one thats on mine. I modified an old one from my zx6r to fit so the can is half the length yours was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.