Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

New Member in New York

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  1KrrSP 
#1 ·
Hey gents (and ladies),

I have a 2012 CBR1000RR that I picked up on Saturday actually. It's stock, although I just spent more money on parts lol (my girlfriends pissed it wasn't a ring ??*♂ oh well). I'll be researching different exhausts on here using the search method (looking at Akra racing full exhaust probably). I've been riding for a few years and started on a 2007 GSX-R 600 back in March of '15. I sold that in February of last year and replaced it with a 2012 CBR600RR (which I'm currently trying to sell).

A little bit about myself: I served in the Marine Corps from '09 to '14 as a specialized search dog handler. I was fortunate enough to be able to adopt the working dog I deployed to Afghanistan with in 2013 when he retired, whom I currently have and he lives with my girlfriend and I (who also rides -2010 CBR600RR Leyla Edition).

I work for the State as a Veterans Service Officer. Basically I advocate for and assist veterans in filing claims to the VA (if anyone in here served and has questions, let me know!).

As far as the bike is concerned, most mods I'm doing are cosmetic in nature except for the exhaust that will be done in he next few weeks when I finally decide on one. I don't know much about Power Commanders, but there is always the possibility for that later on down the road.

Anyway, I'm starting to feel long winded, so I'll end this now.

Hope everyone's doing well, and if you're in upstate NY, let me know!

Matt

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.